Gaming Hello, I was wondering if anyone would take a look at my video and tell me what I need to work on.

Mezque

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2016
Canada
YouTube
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would take a look at my video and tell me what I need to work on.

Some things I did was, I colour corrected the video and I don't know If I should. To me it looks better but I don't know.

Okay, few pointers here. Make the intro shorter like Zhoust said, but you definitely need to get rid of ANY air in your video. The second people hear you not talking, they begin to lose interest. Be as energetic as possible, because energy is something that everyone looks for.

Last edited:

Redd Sunn72

Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
YouTube
redd_sunn
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would take a look at my video and tell me what I need to work on.

Some things I did was, I colour corrected the video and I don't know If I should. To me it looks better but I don't know.
only problem i can see is that the video is a little bit, but since this is an introduction to the game you can possibly get away with it. as for your persona, do what come natural(your commentary was clear and on point btw but try having more fun with it next time). and i liked your intro i feel from a viewer's perceptive anything under 10 sec is alright with me, but if yiou can find way to improve off of it, continue to do so.

But for most videos, they say 15 min is the sweet spot, but around 20 max.

and try to stay consistence with your uploading, at least twice a week.

Mezque

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2016
Canada
YouTube
only problem i can see is that the video is a little bit, but since this is an introduction to the game you can possibly get away with it. as for your persona, do what come natural(your commentary was clear and on point btw but try having more fun with it next time). and i liked your intro i feel from a viewer's perceptive anything under 10 sec is alright with me, but if yiou can find way to improve off of it, continue to do so.

But for most videos, they say 15 min is the sweet spot, but around 20 max.

and try to stay consistence with your uploading, at least twice a week.
Okay, I just have not been able to record for a bit because of some issues with obs, But I fixed that all now and I am going to fix the colours for the next video. I am also going to cut down the time a bit more and "have more fun" with the commentary because I have not played past what I am going to do in the next video.

Reactions: Redd Sunn72

Cayden Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2017
YouTube
CaydenGaming
The quality of the video is great! Not blurry or pixulated at all. As for the length I try to keep my videos at 20 minutes 25 max, though if for some reason I record for a longer session like 40 to 60 minutes I will break it down to 2 or 3 videos, which in turn will also give you more videos to upload consistently instead of 1 upload. For the audio, to me it's way to low it's extremely hard to hear the game and hard to hear your commentary. Try to up the volume a little bit.

Mezque

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2016
Canada
YouTube
The quality of the video is great! Not blurry or pixulated at all. As for the length I try to keep my videos at 20 minutes 25 max, though if for some reason I record for a longer session like 40 to 60 minutes I will break it down to 2 or 3 videos, which in turn will also give you more videos to upload consistently instead of 1 upload. For the audio, to me it's way to low it's extremely hard to hear the game and hard to hear your commentary. Try to up the volume a little bit.
Okay, its my first time using OBS to record gameplay thanks for the information.

Redd Sunn72

Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
YouTube
redd_sunn
Okay, I just have not been able to record for a bit because of some issues with obs, But I fixed that all now and I am going to fix the colours for the next video. I am also going to cut down the time a bit more and "have more fun" with the commentary because I have not played past what I am going to do in the next video.
good to hear you were able to fix the obs issue, i heard it can be a pain. but i will be looking forward to your next video

Cayden Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2017
YouTube
CaydenGaming
Okay, its my first time using OBS to record gameplay thanks for the information.
I usually boost the audio in the editing process with the video editing software after editing the commentary in audacity. What I do personally is make sure the commentary is higher than the gameplay so others can hear it easier. Play around with it and you will get it at a good level that you like.

SinghStyleGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2015
YouTube
thumbnail is pretty good but make your intro shorter or as the people above said just put the main highlights of the video at the starting to gain more interest in video :)

Mezque

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2016
Canada
YouTube
Obs is still being a pain, I tested out AMD Relive (GPU built in recorder) And it works amazing and I should most likely be uploading another video in this series but, Its 40 min and I wonder how could I make it shorter. Would speeding up the cut seens work?

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
A lot of people have already covered primarily what I would say.

1 - Your into is way too long and way too loud. I had to mute it just becuase it bashed my eardrum pretty badly. LOL
2 - Have more energy in your video. One way to keep an audience is to show that your excited about playing the game. Otherwise being very monotone, and silent portrays that you're playing a game, just to play it and not enjoying it.
3 - Try and make it a bit more shorter. 47 Minutes is a long time for a new viewer to give you their attention.
4 - I'm not the biggest fan of dead air. For me that kind of kills my energy during a video. Try and be a bit more interactive with the audience.
5 - I know you said in your earlier comments about audio, so I won't cover that.

All in all it's not bad, Just keep at it my man.