Music Hello Freedom! Community!

Alex Reed

Rising User
Oct 11, 2015
Massachusetts
YouTube
My name is Alex, or my rapper name "Doctrine." I currently live and have grown up in Massachusetts, not the best weather, but of course I'm still reppin' my home state. I've known about Freedom! since about 2013-2014 and I've even known a few people who have joined the network and spoke very highly of it; and as a completely unknown rapper, I decided to join Freedom! in the hopes of at least a little publicity, even from a small group of like-minded people. If you couldn't already tell, I enjoying rapping quite a bit, yet don't get the idea that I'm like every other "rapper" on YouTube who has no talent and sound monotone in their "songs." I may not have the best equipment and my music may not be edited the best due to my current money situation, but people have told me that I'm talented and rap is pretty much my niche and get me through just about everything, whether that be poverty or injustice done to me or society, I'm very conscious.
I'm also extremely well educated on linguistics, vernacular, logical fallacies and have an above average understanding of spectroscopy, evolution and a few other things pertaining to atheism as I am an avid atheist, yet don't let that be off-putting because I am very respectful and open to rebuttals and arguments along with not acting like I know every damn thing, hehe. I've made various YouTube accounts in the past to make little skits and gaming videos with my friends in the past like everyone pretty much has on YouTube, then I decided to make a rap channel. I have an account with about 700-850 subscribers then I deleted it to start fresh. 2 1/2 years later, here I am.

My biggest dream is to one day become a somewhat known rapper, and not just for the money and attention, yet so I can help people get through hardships like so many rappers did for me, even when I was plagued with suicidal thoughts while at my worst years ago. I also want to break the monotonous cycle of basic rap that's on the radio today by implementing what I think of to be a dope subject matters and an intrinsic flow, yet that's what everyone says anyway, right? I run a rap channel if wasn't already clear enough, and have uploaded 2 songs, which aren't the best quality, (letting you know in advance, it's not because I'm untalented or lazy, I just don't have the proper equipment.) and I plan to upload other music-related content and maybe even a Q/A if I ever become relevant and people care about me, haha. I upload weekly or bi-weekly, I honestly don't have a plan setup and this point.

I apologize for the lengthy intro, I just want to have a personal attachment to this community and really want people to get to know and I'd appreciate it if you'd also tell me a thing or two about you in your reply. I'd really appreciate if you'd add a view to my songs, even if they currently make your ears bleed, along with a juicy like a swift click of that subscribe button. Thanks again everyone.

Alex, (aka Doctrine)

MY CHANNEL

Reactions: DoobiHD

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
Hey Alex or Doctrine,

Yo I am gonna be dead honest here, you got bars. You got talent man, keep it up! I really enjoy your content. It's evident that you don't have the best equipment but keep rapping, I really want to see more. I suggest making a mixtape and upload it on YouTube or DatPiff or something. I'm pretty big on rap myself, it's the main genre of music I listen to, it's very uncommon to see rappers here on Freedom!. Consider me a fan :)

I hope for the best to you and your channel dude, I really dig your stuff.

Cheers! ;P

Reactions: Alex Reed and Nuke

Alex Reed

Rising User
Oct 11, 2015
Massachusetts
YouTube
Hey Alex or Doctrine,

Yo I am gonna be dead honest here, you got bars. You got talent man, keep it up! I really enjoy your content. It's evident that you don't have the best equipment but keep rapping, I really want to see more. I suggest making a mixtape and upload it on YouTube or DatPiff or something. I'm pretty big on rap myself, it's the main genre of music I listen to, it's very uncommon to see rappers here on Freedom!. Consider me a fan :)

I hope for the best to you and your channel dude, I really dig your stuff.

Cheers! ;P

Thanks Bryan! People like you are what give me the fervor to keep going. I'll take your advice about the mixtape, but who knows, maybe I'm already working on one ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1444763015][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great intro to yourself, I'm going to be honest I don't like rap but I do like you and you have potential for sure. Welcome to our community, feel free to message me on here or my YouTube if you ever need any help! :)
Thank man, I really appreciate it![DOUBLEPOST=1444763170][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to the community ;)

Seems your channel button beneath your signature gives an error, maybe this can help: https://freedom.community.tm/thread...-subscribe-button-below-your-signature.39229/
I didn't even notice that, I'll fix it! Thank you so much for telling me!

Reactions: Nuke and Bryan

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Thanks Bryan! People like you are what give me the fervor to keep going. I'll take your advice about the mixtape, but who knows, maybe I'm already working on one ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1444763015][/DOUBLEPOST]
No problem mate, glad i could be of help :)

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member

Hey man, count me in! I wanna see all the content you create, I'll be there :)

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
No problem :)

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Pretty sick man!! I enjoy that you brought back some meaning to the rap genre here. Your definitely can lay down some pretty awesome bars and your annunciation is really great! I can actually hear what you're saying! I also like that you want to give back. I know many people join YouTube for the idea of getting famous and getting money (all the wrong reasons to be making anything on there), but I enjoyed reading your stance on that. I want to hear more buddy, its coming along really well. As for equipment, I wouldn't worry about it for now. If you keep doing what your doing and saving up, you'll do just fine. Some cheap/ free mic things to do to get rid of pops and clicks is

1. Get some nylon (literally can be anything) and a wire hanger, stretch the nylon on the hanger and hang in front of mic. Instant pop filter!
2. Eat a granny smith apple before throwing down. The juices and natural chemical properties inside an apple actually get rid of any clicks that might come when your flowing into the mic! (That's a voice actor trade secret)

Just some quick tips. :) I get bored every now and then and look stuff up like that. I know it's not much (as my knowledge of lyricism is limited), but at least for tech knowledge I can help. Good to see that your a part of the community! Thanks for joining. I hope it helps even just a little. (p.s. subbed! as stated I want to see your abilities grow, you have something that's been missing for a long time)

Reactions: Nuke

SheepDreams

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Sheep_Dreams
My name is Alex, or my rapper name "Doctrine." I currently live and have grown up in Massachusetts, not the best weather, but of course I'm still reppin' my home state. I've known about Freedom! since about 2013-2014 and I've even known a few people who have joined the network and spoke very highly of it; and as a completely unknown rapper, I decided to join Freedom! in the hopes of at least a little publicity, even from a small group of like-minded people. If you couldn't already tell, I enjoying rapping quite a bit, yet don't get the idea that I'm like every other "rapper" on YouTube who has no talent and sound monotone in their "songs." I may not have the best equipment and my music may not be edited the best due to my current money situation, but people have told me that I'm talented and rap is pretty much my niche and get me through just about everything, whether that be poverty or injustice done to me or society, I'm very conscious.
I'm also extremely well educated on linguistics, vernacular, logical fallacies and have an above average understanding of spectroscopy, evolution and a few other things pertaining to atheism as I am an avid atheist, yet don't let that be off-putting because I am very respectful and open to rebuttals and arguments along with not acting like I know every damn thing, hehe. I've made various YouTube accounts in the past to make little skits and gaming videos with my friends in the past like everyone pretty much has on YouTube, then I decided to make a rap channel. I have an account with about 700-850 subscribers then I deleted it to start fresh. 2 1/2 years later, here I am.

My biggest dream is to one day become a somewhat known rapper, and not just for the money and attention, yet so I can help people get through hardships like so many rappers did for me, even when I was plagued with suicidal thoughts while at my worst years ago. I also want to break the monotonous cycle of basic rap that's on the radio today by implementing what I think of to be a dope subject matters and an intrinsic flow, yet that's what everyone says anyway, right? I run a rap channel if wasn't already clear enough, and have uploaded 2 songs, which aren't the best quality, (letting you know in advance, it's not because I'm untalented or lazy, I just don't have the proper equipment.) and I plan to upload other music-related content and maybe even a Q/A if I ever become relevant and people care about me, haha. I upload weekly or bi-weekly, I honestly don't have a plan setup and this point.

I apologize for the lengthy intro, I just want to have a personal attachment to this community and really want people to get to know and I'd appreciate it if you'd also tell me a thing or two about you in your reply. I'd really appreciate if you'd add a view to my songs, even if they currently make your ears bleed, along with a juicy like a swift click of that subscribe button. Thanks again everyone.

Alex, (aka Doctrine)

MY CHANNEL
A rapper that's sweet! Those mixtapes are fire! Welcome to freedom! Hope you find the recognition you want! Best of luck and have fun!

Alex Reed

Rising User
Oct 11, 2015
Massachusetts
YouTube
A rapper that's sweet! Those mixtapes are fire! Welcome to freedom! Hope you find the recognition you want! Best of luck and have fun!

Thanks a ton man! Your support really means a lot to me! I'm glad you like my "fire" - haha. Stay tuned![DOUBLEPOST=1445200131][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty sick man!! I enjoy that you brought back some meaning to the rap genre here. Your definitely can lay down some pretty awesome bars and your annunciation is really great! I can actually hear what you're saying! I also like that you want to give back. I know many people join YouTube for the idea of getting famous and getting money (all the wrong reasons to be making anything on there), but I enjoyed reading your stance on that. I want to hear more buddy, its coming along really well. As for equipment, I wouldn't worry about it for now. If you keep doing what your doing and saving up, you'll do just fine. Some cheap/ free mic things to do to get rid of pops and clicks is

1. Get some nylon (literally can be anything) and a wire hanger, stretch the nylon on the hanger and hang in front of mic. Instant pop filter!
2. Eat a granny smith apple before throwing down. The juices and natural chemical properties inside an apple actually get rid of any clicks that might come when your flowing into the mic! (That's a voice actor trade secret)

Just some quick tips. :) I get bored every now and then and look stuff up like that. I know it's not much (as my knowledge of lyricism is limited), but at least for tech knowledge I can help. Good to see that your a part of the community! Thanks for joining. I hope it helps even just a little. (p.s. subbed! as stated I want to see your abilities grow, you have something that's been missing for a long time)

Wow, I never knew about that about the nylon or granny smith apples, I'll make sure to do that in the future! I'm glad you understand my meaning, I really try to make that an important part of my songs! Stay tuned for more, and feel to message me if you need anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1453390114,1445200054][/DOUBLEPOST]bump