Having Issues with Elgato HD60

DeagleEyeGaming90

Rising User
Jan 19, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys,

I just purchased the Elgato HD60 and I am having some problems with it and I was wondering if someone can help me tweak the settings. When I run at 1080p 60fps the video is really glitchy and I have problems streaming. I lowered it down to 720 30 fps and it seems to be running better. The only problem I have is that when I do picture-in-picture with my webcam the video freezes on my webcam and the audio is delayed. I know that it cant be any internet issues because I have pretty fast internet at 170 mbps. I still dont know why I cant record at 1080p without any issues. Also the audio seems to be off on the webcam video compared to the gameplay video.

Reactions: Showdawee Tv

Showdawee Tv

Hey guys,

I just purchased the Elgato HD60 and I am having some problems with it and I was wondering if someone can help me tweak the settings. When I run at 1080p 60fps the video is really glitchy and I have problems streaming. I lowered it down to 720 30 fps and it seems to be running better. The only problem I have is that when I do picture-in-picture with my webcam the video freezes on my webcam and the audio is delayed. I know that it cant be any internet issues because I have pretty fast internet at 170 mbps. I still dont know why I cant record at 1080p without any issues. Also the audio seems to be off on the webcam video compared to the gameplay video.
Exact same issues i used to have when i first got my elgato software, from what i came across the computer strength plays a large part in the software working well. Your actual gaming card on the computer needs to be fairly strong and you also should tweak the settings on the quality/speed bar on the settings page that can help as well. I have also had problems with my webcam freezing while streaming/recording sometimes and its really hit and miss. From what Elgato has said they update and try to fix bugs in the software, alot of my issues stopped after there latest update so make sure you have your updates set to automatic and check the website weekly to see if they have any patches. Ive figured running at 1080p 60fps does not make a huge difference in peoples viewing pleasure because 9 times out of 10 as long as its at least 720 the quality should be nice and clear. The last thing i would say check is to make sure your elgato isnt getting overheated where its set up at, sometimes i noticed when mine got a little too hot it would not work well so try and put it where its not getting blown on by the console. I hope this helps man i know it was really long but i do hope something i said helps :)

DeagleEyeGaming90

Rising User
Jan 19, 2016
YouTube
Hi thanks for your response. At this point I think im going to get the built in PCI Express Elgato card instead of using the usb one. I have a fairly strong processor its an i7 3770k and a GTX 670 video card. But I think having the elgato directly attached to my motherboard should help a lot. Either way ill update you on here on how it goes.

Reactions: Showdawee Tv

Showdawee Tv

Hi thanks for your response. At this point I think im going to get the built in PCI Express Elgato card instead of using the usb one. I have a fairly strong processor its an i7 3770k and a GTX 670 video card. But I think having the elgato directly attached to my motherboard should help a lot. Either way ill update you on here on how it goes.
Sounds like a great idea man

DeagleEyeGaming90

Rising User
Jan 19, 2016
YouTube
I found out what the problem was!

I had the Elgato plugged into a USB hub and that was the reason for bad quality streams and recording. I plugged it directly into my computer and now im running at 1080p at 60 frames with no problems.