Has anyone tried utilizing YouTube for Kickstarter projects?

adam rothe

Renowned User
May 4, 2014
YouTube
Hey everyone, first post in a long time! But I have a quick question for all of you. I just launched a card game on Kickstarter called Catastrophe and I was thinking, "what if this blows up???" Well, I know it's been a day, but I'm starting to think, "what if this is a huge flop???" I'm kind of freaking out here! I used YouTube, Twitter, Google Plus, and Facebook to promote my product and everything seems professional for the most part. I'm revamping the art work for the ads right now, but I don't know if this will go anywhere now :( anyone have tips or have done similar stuff? I mean come on, I haven't received one pledge yet and that's what is worrying me :( :(

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Is the game developed enough for an early alpha at least? If so, you can get gaming YouTubers to play the game on their channels and promote your kickstarter! No one is gonna give to your kickstarter if all you have is artwork, just saying.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Hey everyone, first post in a long time! But I have a quick question for all of you. I just launched a card game on Kickstarter called Catastrophe and I was thinking, "what if this blows up???" Well, I know it's been a day, but I'm starting to think, "what if this is a huge flop???" I'm kind of freaking out here! I used YouTube, Twitter, Google Plus, and Facebook to promote my product and everything seems professional for the most part. I'm revamping the art work for the ads right now, but I don't know if this will go anywhere now :( anyone have tips or have done similar stuff? I mean come on, I haven't received one pledge yet and that's what is worrying me :( :(

Get your friends to advertise for you! You could always message some people who are known to play board games and see if they'll be interested in advertising for you, as well. You could even give some alpha/beta decks for people to try it out and and play and maybe do a recording of it.