Gym Advice

Ghostllie

Respected User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
So this may or may not be the place to ask but would it be a good idea to go to the gym twice a day? Once in the afternoon for cardio and then later on at night for weight lifting

HazeyAllDazey

Rising User
Dec 9, 2015
Arizona
YouTube
Arnold spent some entire days in the gym, taking breaks in between. about 15 years ago, I would go gym twice a day, Cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
Arnold spent some entire days in the gym, taking breaks in between. about 15 years ago, I would go gym twice a day, Cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.

This is always misconstrued, he went 3 times a day, once at 5AM for one major muscle group, eat then nap for an hour or so, go back near the afternoon for the opposite major muscle group he worked on previously, eat then nap and some other stuff like PR/intereact with fans, and then go back to finish off the muscles and cardio. For him, it was a full time job to look good and grow...and the bigger you get, the more work it takes to maintain it, let alone grow even more.

Something serious to consider- he took steroids, and had been consistent with his training for YEARS before doing that. I've trained for 12 years, and I'd NEVER tell anyone who's worked out for less than 6 months to work out 3 times a day, let alone 2 times unless they are already pushing and pulling some SERIOUS weight (200+ pounds bench, 100+ pounds curling) and their results aren't as great as when they started.

I WOULD say if you DO do it, when I was consistent with workouts and did it "full time" (it IS a full time job to build muscle beyond 200 pounds), I did heavy weights with say arms in the morning/early afternoon to failure, then lightened the weight in the evening and focused on complete muscle failure with my arms. Next day, same thing with another muscle group...always making sure to refuel before going back to the gym (I was eating upwards of 4000 calories, mostly protein and good amount of carbs to avoid injury....nutrition is more important than the actual lifting).

You can also lift until complete failure on say, biceps early in the day, and then focus on triceps in the evening (basically doing compound sets for each routine, which can be just as effective).

Reactions: HazeyAllDazey

HazeyAllDazey

Rising User
Dec 9, 2015
Arizona
YouTube
This is always misconstrued, he went 3 times a day, once at 5AM for one major muscle group, eat then nap for an hour or so, go back near the afternoon for the opposite major muscle group he worked on previously, eat then nap and some other stuff like PR/intereact with fans, and then go back to finish off the muscles and cardio. For him, it was a full time job to look good and grow...and the bigger you get, the more work it takes to maintain it, let alone grow even more.

Something serious to consider- he took steroids, and had been consistent with his training for YEARS before doing that. I've trained for 12 years, and I'd NEVER tell anyone who's worked out for less than 6 months to work out 3 times a day, let alone 2 times unless they are already pushing and pulling some SERIOUS weight (200+ pounds bench, 100+ pounds curling) and their results aren't as great as when they started.

I WOULD say if you DO do it, when I was consistent with workouts and did it "full time" (it IS a full time job to build muscle beyond 200 pounds), I did heavy weights with say arms in the morning/early afternoon to failure, then lightened the weight in the evening and focused on complete muscle failure with my arms. Next day, same thing with another muscle group...always making sure to refuel before going back to the gym (I was eating upwards of 4000 calories, mostly protein and good amount of carbs to avoid injury....nutrition is more important than the actual lifting).

You can also lift until complete failure on say, biceps early in the day, and then focus on triceps in the evening (basically doing compound sets for each routine, which can be just as effective).

Thats True, But I didnt tell him to go gym twice a day, I never said arnold worked out twice a day, I said he worked out all day and took breaks inbetween. But I never told him to go gym twice a day. I told him I did. I got okay results. After I hurt my back in an unrelated accident, I was bed ridden for about 6 months, I ballooned up on fast foods and just laying around all day on igh doses of meds. I was on so much medication at the time, I had all kines of problems. I just started getting back into the gym now, but its a slow process. It's mostly cardio and very light lifting and Yoga.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Yea there's nothing wrong with that, another thing to also do and I would recommend is to take a whey protein shake 30 mins prior to your work out. That's what I've been doing and been seeing some great results. Also just FYI dont work out your arms everyday that is bad give them a couple of days to rest especially when your sore from them. Cardio everyday though is good.

Bannik13

Rising User
Dec 3, 2015
YouTube
So this may or may not be the place to ask but would it be a good idea to go to the gym twice a day? Once in the afternoon for cardio and then later on at night for weight lifting
Totally fine! I just wish I had the time to go twice a day or ideally three times. You didn't mention whether you are a beginner or experienced lifter... If you're a beginner obviously you need to really take some time to research a beginners weight program or you will end up being so sore the next day that you won't be going gym for the next week lol. If you're experienced than you already know how to train and you've obviously come across more time to focus on it which is great :)

WWE WRESTLING HD

Rising User
Jan 6, 2015
Massachusetts
YouTube
I lost alot of weight doing the treadmill just work on different times for each equipment you use. Another big thing buy a treadmill too theres good prices for $400-500 and they good machines just look on ebay.