GTX 970

Ghostllie

Respected User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
so uh i got my card installed and now for some reason my second asus monitor wont come on itll flicker like it wants to but then goes off and itll do it again. my main monitor is asus as well and is a vga cable but has a dvi adapter and the second cable for the second monitor is a dvi to hdmi. and the second monitor has only the vga ports while my main has both so should i switch the cables around and try to use a dvi for my main monitor? also in gaming my games seem kinda wavy so how would if ix that

Ghostllie

Respected User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
so uh i got my card installed and now for some reason my second asus monitor wont come on itll flicker like it wants to but then goes off and itll do it again. my main monitor is asus as well and is a vga cable but has a dvi adapter and the second cable for the second monitor is a dvi to hdmi. and the second monitor has only the vga ports while my main has both so should i switch the cables around and try to use a dvi for my main monitor? also in gaming my games seem kinda wavy so how would if ix that

any help?

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
Check your resolution settings to see if all monitors are there. Then cycle through the different display adapters for your monitor. Sounds like they either aren't enabled though windows or the monitors themselves are trying to display from the wrong port. Make sure you are only using one display cable per monitor. You may want to reduce the number of adapters by buying the proper cables, they could be causing the issue.

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
Wow @Ghostllie that's some cables you got there. I agree with @dandruff , check your Windows settings to make sure the monitors are being detected. Also, I highly suggest you use the best cable connection for your primary monitor. You really shouldn't be playing games though VGA if it can be helped now a days.