GTA V PC Graphics

Chromenized

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
ChromenizedYT
Hello. So whenever I try and increase my graphics on GTA V on the PC, it lags the game immensely. What would I have to purchase in order for it to not lag. I am not good with computers so I came here. xD
Here are my PC specs:

Attachments

• Processor.PNG
    Processor.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 24

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Hello. So whenever I try and increase my graphics on GTA V on the PC, it lags the game immensely. What would I have to purchase in order for it to not lag. I am not good with computers so I came here. xD
Here are my PC specs:
Probably your video card...
What video card do you have?

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Thanks guys! I have a GeForce GTX 705.
Do you mean a GT 705 or a GTX 750?
In either case, they're not very powerful cards. The 750 was made as a budget option to allow older computers and inexperienced buyers to play games without having to drop a load of cash. As @Hail Kira and @The Wiber have said, your GPU needs an upgrade.
If you want good prices, be on the lookout during the next few months, as many people will be selling their old (but still perfectly good!) cards in order to upgrade to the GTX 1000 series. Judging from the content on your channel, a 960 would probably be just fine, or a 970 if you have a bit more money and want some higher performance.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yeah agreed, a GTX 960 works good. Thats what Ive been using for the last year. Can play any game. at 1080p.

Im upgrading this month to the gtx 1080 for 4k and VR

Chromenized

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
ChromenizedYT
Do you mean a GT 705 or a GTX 750?
In either case, they're not very powerful cards. The 750 was made as a budget option to allow older computers and inexperienced buyers to play games without having to drop a load of cash. As @Hail Kira and @The Wiber have said, your GPU needs an upgrade.
If you want good prices, be on the lookout during the next few months, as many people will be selling their old (but still perfectly good!) cards in order to upgrade to the GTX 1000 series. Judging from the content on your channel, a 960 would probably be just fine, or a 970 if you have a bit more money and want some higher performance.
Yeah agreed, a GTX 960 works good. Thats what Ive been using for the last year. Can play any game. at 1080p.

I appreciate the help.

Reactions: slizerbladez

Chromenized

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
ChromenizedYT
New GPU ! Thats what you need :) Buy you can get gtx 980 or amd r9 390

Thanks guys! Would you recommend me getting the GTX 980 by itself, or buy a whole new gaming computer with it already installed?

Einstein Gamin

Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2016
Earth
YouTube
_EinsteinGaming
Here are my PC specs:

Hey man the problem with your Pc is lower hard drive processing power which makes your games power to process high quality games lower . This can be solved by buying the latest harddrives in the market compatible with your computer and your graphic card is low , I would suggest going in once an' for all . Make a one time buy but make it worth so that it lasts you 5-7 years mininum. Nex gtx 1000 would be a good idea only if your computer is conpatible with it , never buy old ones , you have no idea how many cheaters are in this world now than the 1900's . Go in once go in for 10 years that's how I do it . Make a one time purchase no matter how big but buy only the latest .That's the rule in techie world

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
For context - My GTX 980 has a performance drop-off after using 3GB of VRAM. I'm not entirely sure why, though.
To play a game with good settings (and I assume able to record, as well) you're going to need to drop a load of cash, like I did [see signature].