Tips & Tricks Growing Your Social Media

My name is Riley and I'm a small content creator from Michigan. I've been growing my online platform slowly but surely for the last few years now and I though I'd share some tips and tricks I've learned along the way for twitter and instagram.

Twitter
-Only follow people who's content you really LOVE, so it doesn't clog up your timeline with stuff that you don't actually want to see.
-When posting content, only post content that you would enjoy seeing from someone else. If you post things you like to see, odds are other people who have those similar interests will follow you.
-Hashtags aren't always necessary because your tweets will show up in a search for key words.
-If you do want to use hashtags, though, #smalltuber is a great one to use to find other small content creators.

Instagram
-POST. GOOD. QUALITY. PHOTOS. If you post a photo that's in good quality, more people will like it versus a poorly laid out blurry shot.
-If the photo is aesthetically pleasing, odds are it will help you out. Selfies are great and all, but posting all selfies doesn't make for the best account.
-Tags are good, but don't over tag. Over tagging makes it seem like you're begging for likes (I'm guilty of this sometimes), and make sure the tags you use are relevant to the photo you're posting or your page in general.
-The first two twitter tips also can apply to instagram.

I'd love to hear some feedback if some of you decide to try this out, or other methods you have that work!

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
My name is Riley and I'm a small content creator from Michigan. I've been growing my online platform slowly but surely for the last few years now and I though I'd share some tips and tricks I've learned along the way for twitter and instagram.

Twitter
-Only follow people who's content you really LOVE, so it doesn't clog up your timeline with stuff that you don't actually want to see.
-When posting content, only post content that you would enjoy seeing from someone else. If you post things you like to see, odds are other people who have those similar interests will follow you.
-Hashtags aren't always necessary because your tweets will show up in a search for key words.
-If you do want to use hashtags, though, #smalltuber is a great one to use to find other small content creators.

Instagram
-POST. GOOD. QUALITY. PHOTOS. If you post a photo that's in good quality, more people will like it versus a poorly laid out blurry shot.
-If the photo is aesthetically pleasing, odds are it will help you out. Selfies are great and all, but posting all selfies doesn't make for the best account.
-Tags are good, but don't over tag. Over tagging makes it seem like you're begging for likes (I'm guilty of this sometimes), and make sure the tags you use are relevant to the photo you're posting or your page in general.
-The first two twitter tips also can apply to instagram.

I'd love to hear some feedback if some of you decide to try this out, or other methods you have that work!

Thanks for the tips

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Must agree with the first one where it is best to follow only those who share content of your interest.
Nowadays twitter and instagram are overflowed with people who want a follow4follow and such crap :/

Yea I know, I have alot of those in mine Twitter I have like 66 fellowers and I think about 5 - 8 are really fellow me because mine video or just me idk.. but its all good.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yea I know, I have alot of those in mine Twitter I have like 66 fellowers and I think about 5 - 8 are really fellow me because mine video or just me idk.. but its all good.
I managed to get over 200+ followers but i have no clue what i did other then share my content and interact with fellow gamers :p