FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
Ok so I learned this from other networks. Hopefully George Vanous himself will read this and consider it. Anyways, the idea is making a Promotional Point System where every time you watch another Freedom Community Member Content you earn 10 points. Also every time someone in the community watches your video you lose 10 points. The whole Idea of this is to try and keep as many points as possible and in return everyone is growing together. When you lose points that is also good because it means your videos are being liked viewed and you might even earn a few subs. Come on Freedom and Lets Grow Together! :)

Please Comment if you think this could benefit Freedom and so it will get noticed.

Thanks In Advance
FrostByteTV

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
When I think about advertising off of YouTube, I bring up what is known to me as the "hollow views" concept.

A hollow view is when someone watches your video without the intention to watch your video. The point of getting all uptight about proper SEO is so you can get saturated views. Views where someone watches the video because your SEO helped in them finding your video.

Growth is only true by organic, people who found your video through the means of the YouTube search, with no intervention from you other than your post and SEO on YouTube.

[I am off to make a post about this, it's important to have people aware of]

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When I think about advertising off of YouTube, I bring up what is known to me as the "hollow views" concept.

A hollow view is when someone watches your video without the intention to watch your video. The point of getting all uptight about proper SEO is so you can get saturated views. Views where someone watches the video because your SEO helped in them finding your video.

Growth is only true by organic, people who found your video through the means of the YouTube search, with no intervention from you other than your post and SEO on YouTube.

Agreed with this and therefore think this system will not help at all as people will only do it to gain more themself. What is the point in gaining views without meaning?

Reactions: FrostByteTV

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I don't like this idea.

I've watched a lot of content from other Freedom! users and I personally don't enjoy a lot of it. Other people within the Network play games that I just don't care for and wouldn't watch even if one of my favorite youtubers themselves played and posted it. I don't want people watching my videos because of a silly point system when those points mean nothing to me. If you or the others want to watch my content, it'll be because you guys want to, not because you were forced to.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV

Well the views will still come organically and no one will be forced to watch a video they are not interested in. You would earn points off the videos that you are interested in by clicking a community members video that you may think you like. If you dont like a video, just dont simply like it and move to the next one. This is more or less just to help others explore one anothers content. It can work multiples ways but I do understand your point of view. Everything has its own pros and then it has its cons. :)

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
Agreed with this and therefore think this system will not help at all as people will only do it to gain more themself. What is the point in gaining views without meaning?
The views will have meaning because this feature would probably allow you to choose a video that looks interesting to you itself that a member made. Don't click a video you know you wont enjoy. For example if you like funny gaming videos, you shouldn't click on a members video that isn't about gaming or like a gaming video you don't think is funny. You gradually earn points over time by your own enjoyment of other community member videos.
Thanks for the response :)

Wong Chong's Songs

Rising User
Oct 9, 2015
YouTube
I don't think this would work, main reason being CPM. Like people above me said, the "hollow view" concept of having someone watch your video with the intention for you to watch theirs in return not only will give you an inactive and fraudulent audience, but it will also degrade your CMP, because most of the time these people will only watch the first few seconds of the video to gain points, and with less watch time CPM and video recognition on search engines will go down.

Reactions: KrazyK Gaming

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The views will have meaning because this feature would probably allow you to choose a video that looks interesting to you itself that a member made. Don't click a video you know you wont enjoy. For example if you like funny gaming videos, you shouldn't click on a members video that isn't about gaming or like a gaming video you don't think is funny. You gradually earn points over time by your own enjoyment of other community member videos.
Thanks for the response :)
The thing i'm worried about is that people will bumo theirself up for the points by watching content without meaning.

Reactions: FrostByteTV

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
The thing i'm worried about is that people will bumo theirself up for the points by watching content without meaning.
I see where you are coming from, but If it were me, I wouldn't watch a video that didn't entertain me if my life depended on it lol. Everyones videos would be shown to where you can scroll through them(just like youtube is) and from there you would choose a video that sticks out to you. You then would click the video and if you end up liking the content, then great. If you don't like the content then hopefully you wont watch it cause you dont get any joy out of it. If there are people out there that want to watch a video that they are tortured throughout the entire thing, then by all means let them. But Im sure the point system can be tweeked enough to the point where people like that would not really interfere with how youtube should really be. I honestly would like this just for the fact that I could see other members videos easier without having to find them in the forums and then tab over to the channel. You would simply just be able to be on youtube and maybe Heartbeat has this feature where you can see the members videos that are popular or most recently uploaded.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
It's a system that would too easily become abused.

If I was the kind of person that would support it, I'd click a video and go make a sandwich.
That's what I'd honestly do.
Well that's honestly what you would do. There are people that would actually intend on watching the videos for their enjoyment. I actually enjoy watching others content and would find this useful and I'm sure others enjoy actually watching content as well.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Well that's honestly what you would do. There are people that would actually intend on watching the videos for their enjoyment. I actually enjoy watching others content and would find this useful and I'm sure others enjoy actually watching content as well.
That would be a rare breed.

Take a look at our "Promote Yourself" section and compare the amount of posts to the amount of replies.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
We could also do away with the Point System and just have the feature where its is easier to find members videos. I'm certainly cool with that as well. Either way it still helps promote others.
In order for it to work, it would need to have some kind of a captcha or multiple choice to prove that the viewer actually sat and took in the content.
Assume there was a 5 minute long video, and a multiple choice would come up stating "Which of these quotes did I mention in the video" followed by a list that the user has to select from in order to receive the points, in case of accidental click or uncertainty from the viewer, there is two attempts before it locks the user out from retrying to receive the points.

Equally, the user should be required to give feedback on the video with a minimum of 50-100 words to ensure people don't abuse the system simply to just their benefit.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
In order for it to work, it would need to have some kind of a captcha or multiple choice to prove that the viewer actually sat and took in the content.
Assume there was a 5 minute long video, and a multiple choice would come up stating "Which of these quotes did I mention in the video" followed by a list that the user has to select from in order to receive the points, in case of accidental click or uncertainty from the viewer, there is two attempts before it locks the user out from retrying to receive the points.

Equally, the user should be required to give feedback on the video with a minimum of 50-100 words to ensure people don't abuse the system simply to just their benefit.
I actually like that idea. Not a bad idea at all. Thumbs up for thinking of that one :) Things will come the more we talk about it.

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube

for people to bother doing this the points have to be worth something like free steam keys or free gfx done for them or something because people won't be bothered to have to review each video they watch

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
The problem with this is, not to be rude, and im not saying my videos are amazing by any means, I have some pretty bad videos on my channel, so im including myself here, but MOST people who would use this feature have absolute crap videos that I just don't want to watch at all.

I watch various new channels every day because people ask me to via comments on youtube or I'll click on something from the forums that at first glance looks interesting but then 99% of the time im just disappointed in the content.

The fact is that a lot of small youtubers have crappy content, weather it be their commentary, their video quality, or their audio quality, or the video is just plain out boring to watch, among other various problems that can make a video unwatchable.

Even if you get found it doesn't matter if your content is crap, I have a video with almost 14,000 views on my channel but its not a particularly amazing video, I have other videos which are much better that may only have 100 views or even 10 views, but you don't see me with 14k subscribers because the video might have been searchable but the actual content wasn't really amazing and therefore most people didn't subscribe.

The point I'm making is there is a reason small youtubers are small and its not just because of search engine optimization or because you don't have enough exposure, you'll find that if you look at pretty much any big youtubers statistics, they had a relatively small channel with small growth for a while and then at some point the channels just exploded, because they uploaded a video that went viral because the content was original or really really funny or just really shareable, or because a bigger youtuber saw their content and thought that they deserved more exposure for their good content and shouted them out.

So yes, being searchable is important, having exposure is important, but take a look at the big youtubers, do you think your content matches theirs? Because I know my content is not as good as the big youtubers. unless your content is as good as theirs it doesn't matter how much exposure you get.

FrostByteTV

Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2015
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
FrostByteHDTV
The problem with this is, not to be rude, and im not saying my videos are amazing by any means, I have some pretty bad videos on my channel, so im including myself here, but MOST people who would use this feature have absolute crap videos that I just don't want to watch at all.

I watch various new channels every day because people ask me to via comments on youtube or I'll click on something from the forums that at first glance looks interesting but then 99% of the time im just disappointed in the content.

The fact is that a lot of small youtubers have crappy content, weather it be their commentary, their video quality, or their audio quality, or the video is just plain out boring to watch, among other various problems that can make a video unwatchable.

Even if you get found it doesn't matter if your content is crap, I have a video with almost 14,000 views on my channel but its not a particularly amazing video, I have other videos which are much better that may only have 100 views or even 10 views, but you don't see me with 14k subscribers because the video might have been searchable but the actual content wasn't really amazing and therefore most people didn't subscribe.

The point I'm making is there is a reason small youtubers are small and its not just because of search engine optimization or because you don't have enough exposure, you'll find that if you look at pretty much any big youtubers statistics, they had a relatively small channel with small growth for a while and then at some point the channels just exploded, because they uploaded a video that went viral because the content was original or really really funny or just really shareable, or because a bigger youtuber saw their content and thought that they deserved more exposure for their good content and shouted them out.

So yes, being searchable is important, having exposure is important, but take a look at the big youtubers, do you think your content matches theirs? Because I know my content is not as good as the big youtubers. unless your content is as good as theirs it doesn't matter how much exposure you get.
With that said you have to remember everyone has different tastes in quality content. Just like PewDiePie is the most known YouTuber, not everyone likes him, Markiplier, or JackSepticEye. It's all about finding the individuals who actually enjoy your content. I do agree with trying to have the best content before trying to share it though. If someone can't watch you entire video then yeah I'm sure it won't get liked or shared. Like I've once said, you are supposed to like videos that you feel should have a boost.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I just thought.

A service like this would turn freedom into what is essentially a view sharing service. As far as YouTube is concerned, it's non organic growth and that's against the terms of service.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If it was a rewardless system that people would give reviews at their will, then it would be okay.

But if there is anything given out for doing it, that's a big no. Making the idea of points related to it a bust.

The point is, it's against the terms of service to obligate someone to watch a video.

Last edited: