Growing a Gaming Channel On YouTube

ZoticBeast

New User
May 30, 2016
I have been on YouTube for over a year and I am stuck on around 60 or so subscribers. I have just started uploading gameplay/walkthroughs but I lost 2 subscribers in one day. I know growing on YouTube will take a while and depends on if people enjoy your content so I am asking the Freedom Family for any advice on how to grow a gaming YouTube channel.

Thank You For Your Time!
Zotic Beast

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Think about the kind of content you're making. Now think about who that content appeals to and just how many people that is.
Got it? Now think about the millions of people that are competing for the slightest attention from that group while pulling every trick in the book.

Okay? Now rethink your entire YouTube strategy, and how you're going to make your content appeal to that audience when compared to (approx. 4 million) other people doing the same thing.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
yeah by the first 100 is it always heavy and slow. but one day you wil get at the moment that your growing process is like a train ;)

I want to add my advice if anyone is reading this thread. There are a lot of gaming channels on youtube, you have to stand out with something special, make your videos funny, enjoyable. For my channel, my target audience is kids (9 - 18 years of age). Target the most people. Make other type of videos, compare their views and ratings with your gaming video, and see what type of video people like.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Be different from the known top youtubers. Go against the trends and play something unique and something not alot of people do. Play what you desire, and have fun, and lastly find what "in-gaming" you want to fill.(Example: guides,gameplay,comedy,ect.)

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I have been on YouTube for over a year and I am stuck on around 60 or so subscribers. I have just started uploading gameplay/walkthroughs but I lost 2 subscribers in one day. I know growing on YouTube will take a while and depends on if people enjoy your content so I am asking the Freedom Family for any advice on how to grow a gaming YouTube channel.

Thank You For Your Time!
Zotic Beast

how about promoting your video's and be awesome with your commentary and make some awesome video's. and losing 2 subs when you start gaming? that's because you do some new things and those 2 don't like that. but don't worry. if you make sure people sees you everywhere then you wil grow ;)