Solved Got a Copyright Strike but It Says I'm allowed to use the song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funtela

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2016
YouTube
So I received an email regarding a copyright strike for a remix I uploaded to a song.

Due to a copyright takedown notice that we received, we had to take down your video from YouTube:

Video title: Disclosure - Latch (feat. Sam Smith) (sYcko Remix)
Video url:
Takedown issued by: IFPI

This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

You received a copyright strike

You now have 1 copyright strike. Getting multiple copyright strikes can lead to the termination of your account and the removal of all your videos. To avoid that from happening, please don’t upload videos that contain copyrighted content that you aren’t allowed to use.

Before I uploaded this remix I searched up the song under youtube music policies and it shows I'm allowed to use it, but I can't monetize it, which is fine by me.

What can I do to get this removed?

Mihai97

New User
Mar 22, 2016
IFPI give false claim,i get a copyright strike from they,you cannot do anything just to talk with "Disclosure" :) next time bro do not upload any remix :D

Upvote 0

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
So I received an email regarding a copyright strike for a remix I uploaded to a song.

Due to a copyright takedown notice that we received, we had to take down your video from YouTube:

Video title: Disclosure - Latch (feat. Sam Smith) (sYcko Remix)
Video url:
Takedown issued by: IFPI

This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

You received a copyright strike

You now have 1 copyright strike. Getting multiple copyright strikes can lead to the termination of your account and the removal of all your videos. To avoid that from happening, please don’t upload videos that contain copyrighted content that you aren’t allowed to use.

Before I uploaded this remix I searched up the song under youtube music policies and it shows I'm allowed to use it, but I can't monetize it, which is fine by me.

What can I do to get this removed?
Most of the time it gets blocked in some countries or get blocked altogether
You need to have permission to use some copyright material

Upvote 0

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Skimming trough this thread and replies...

Even if you have permission to use it non-commercially, you cant really do that with freedom as monetization is forced on to every video you upload while you are partnered with freedom. (Or at least that's how it always was, correct me if I'm wrong) So that means you need to permission for commercial use if you're using something not protected by fair use law.

Try contacting support about the copyright strike http://freedom2.support.tm/ Though I am not sure how much can be done about it. Please be patient when dealing with support, it is currently under large work load and might take a while to respond. (Expect reply in less than a week.)

Upvote 0

Funtela

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2016
YouTube
Skimming trough this thread and replies...

Even if you have permission to use it non-commercially, you cant really do that with freedom as monetization is forced on to every video you upload while you are partnered with freedom. (Or at least that's how it always was, correct me if I'm wrong) So that means you need to permission for commercial use if you're using something not protected by fair use law.

Try contacting support about the copyright strike http://freedom2.support.tm/ Though I am not sure how much can be done about it. Please be patient when dealing with support, it is currently under large work load and might take a while to respond. (Expect reply in less than a week.)

It's been over a week and no one has even been assigned to my case.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.