Solved Google images, i'm being told different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gods of Odds

Some people are telling me that images of Google are absolutely fine to use, display or put in videos or anything else but then they're people telling me I can't use them at all so can someone who really knows for sure actually tell me. Only reply to this if you are 100 certain that you can or can't and preferably if you can tell me if you use them or not and if not then why?

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
When you search for an image, click 'Search tools' underneath the search bar, then select 'Usage rights'. From here, you will get a drop menu. If you only wish to use an image, select 'Labelled for reuse'. If you want to edit an image (for example, to use on a thumbnail, select 'Labelled for reuse with modification'.
The search results that show up with these settings are allowed to be reused (and in the latter, edited) and can be monetised.

Upvote 0
G

Gods of Odds

When you search for an image, click 'Search tools' underneath the search bar, then select 'Usage rights'. From here, you will get a drop menu. If you only wish to use an image, select 'Labelled for reuse'. If you want to edit an image (for example, to use on a thumbnail, select 'Labelled for reuse with modification'.
The search results that show up with these settings are allowed to be reused (and in the latter, edited) and can be monetised.
Thanks but I have been told I can't use them which to be fair did seem a bit weird to me as they're labelled for reuse. Also what if I want to put a picture or probably multiple picture in a video and sort of talk about them? I plan on doing a lore series and i'm going to need pictures of what i'm talking about.

Upvote 0

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Who told you you couldn't use them? As long as you only use ones that are indicated as such, you should be allowed to.
If you used another artist's rendition of a creature or the like (say from Deviant Art, etc.) I believe that would fall under fair use. However, I would send a short message to the artist asking for permission first, as some people don't like it or want to make sure they get credit for their work.

Upvote 0
G

Gods of Odds

Who told you you couldn't use them? As long as you only use ones that are indicated as such, you should be allowed to.
If you used another artist's rendition of a creature or the like (say from Deviant Art, etc.) I believe that would fall under fair use. However, I would send a short message to the artist asking for permission first, as some people don't like it or want to make sure they get credit for their work.
It was actually on the YouTube help forums. So I could use any of them images of google in my videos and pretty much display them in my video as long it is labelled for re use?

Upvote 0
G

Gods of Odds

Interesting. Not too sure about that.
I believe as long as you have the proper reuse conditions and can get the artist's permission it should be fine.
Ok, it will actually probably be historical photos instead of art, fan art or anything like that so will that still be ok to display in my videos? Also i'm guessing for that I only put it to labelled for reuse?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.