Resources Going to start live streaming! Going to need some pointers(help)

Speedy Stealth

Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
YouTube
Hello, (if I'm posting this is the wrong section please tell me)

I am going to start live streaming pretty soon (around June) and I need some pointer, and some do's and dont's. I watched some videos and I'm finding it hard to relate to them(my opinion) I have to equipment I need. (Elgato, Mic, Headset, Ps4, etc.) Long story short I need some beginner tips on live streaming! Side note does anyone know how to add a filter to the stream, just curious.

Thanks,
Speedy Stealth

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hello, (if I'm posting this is the wrong section please tell me)

I am going to start live streaming pretty soon (around June) and I need some pointer, and some do's and dont's. I watched some videos and I'm finding it hard to relate to them(my opinion) I have to equipment I need. (Elgato, Mic, Headset, Ps4, etc.) Long story short I need some beginner tips on live streaming! Side note does anyone know how to add a filter to the stream, just curious.

Thanks,
Speedy Stealth
I feel like you're in the right section, for looking for tips that people can all benefit from. I'm not too experienced with streaming, but it's best to set your "streaming" time consistently. To actively engage people, so you both have a great time. Getting the word out will be nice earlier on as well, try to stand out in some fashion too ^^

Speedy Stealth

Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
YouTube
I feel like you're in the right section, for looking for tips that people can all benefit from. I'm not too experienced with streaming, but it's best to set your "streaming" time consistently. To actively engage people, so you both have a great time. Getting the word out will be nice earlier on as well, try to stand out in some fashion too ^^
Ok!! I will make sure I incorporate that into the stream!!

Gaming with Jennifer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2014
YouTube
I personally use OBS, so can't help too much with the tech side of things sadly. However when actually streaming make sure you engage often with your audience and try not to get wrapped up in the game too much. Make it a different experience to your videos in order to gain the maximum amount of viewership possible. One thing I found essential was giving viewers adequate time between announcing the stream and the date you actually go live. This gives them prior warning so they know it's coming and if interested they can plan on watching it. If using Twitch using Moobot or Nightbot helps engage viewers even more! That's all I can think of for now :)