Go for a better mic or stay?

JustManiacal

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 3, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys! So I currently have this microphone that works pretty well, but I'm wondering if I should get a new one, or invest in something else? My current microphone is a CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone. So far, it's been good to me except for the sensitivity. I have to turn it down really low when I'm recording or else people will hear my mouse. But, since I turn it down, I then have to turn it up the volume on my audio in the video editor. Thus creating lesser quality. Should I save my money or invest in a microphone that has less sensitivity range. And if I should get a different microphone, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
JT

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
Maybe keep your mic as far away from the mouse as possible. Raise it up to it comes to your face and keep your mouse as far away as possible. It doesn't matter if the mouse can be heard. Maybe turn on noise reduction or such in post editing to reduce the grainy noise.

Reactions: JustManiacal

JustManiacal

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 3, 2016
YouTube
Hi,
Maybe keep your mic as far away from the mouse as possible. Raise it up to it comes to your face and keep your mouse as far away as possible. It doesn't matter if the mouse can be heard. Maybe turn on noise reduction or such in post editing to reduce the grainy noise.
Okay, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice! :)

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
For raising it you don't have to get a stand or boom. Just find something to put it up on that's close to you. You could even make something that lets it hang off the back of your chair and Come around but it shouldn't be needed.

JustManiacal

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 3, 2016
YouTube
For raising it you don't have to get a stand or boom. Just find something to put it up on that's close to you. You could even make something that lets it hang off the back of your chair and Come around but it shouldn't be needed.
There we go! I just used my creativity to create an object that looks awful, but it leaves the mic in the air right by my mouth. It might be an old lamp with tape basically encasing it. But it works perfectly! Thanks a million!