Request Give Me Your Feedback I would Love Them

AlaswadGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
so i just made this video and i would love for you guys to watch it and point out things that needs to be fixed and also would live to know what you think about it. :)

Statless

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2016
Australia
YouTube
StatlessGames
I haven't played Destiny personally so I'll try to go off of pure editing aspects.

• Nice touch adding a clip before the intro; keeps the audience intrigued
  • At 0:56 maybe take out this clip if you've used it at the beginning of the video, or shorten down the clip at the beginning so it's a snippet of the full clip. Right now you've essentially got the same clip twice.
  • It seems that a lot of the beginning clips are just you dying, with the same sound effect. Maybe spread these types of clips throughout the entire video, not congest them, as (to me at least) they're not that interesting to watch in large periods.
  • At 3:40 I'm not entirely sure what the sound effect was used for. The sound suggests you got hit by something, but that doesn't look to be the case. Try adding in those types of sound effects only if necessary, and try to play them somewhat in the background, so they don't sound out of place.
  • The end card was pretty good, I enjoyed it
Overall the beginning and ending of the video seem fine, just the parts mentioned above may need altering. Again this is my opinion and I haven't personally played Destiny, but I hope this helped!

AlaswadGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
I haven't played Destiny personally so I'll try to go off of pure editing aspects.

• Nice touch adding a clip before the intro; keeps the audience intrigued
  • At 0:56 maybe take out this clip if you've used it at the beginning of the video, or shorten down the clip at the beginning so it's a snippet of the full clip. Right now you've essentially got the same clip twice.
  • It seems that a lot of the beginning clips are just you dying, with the same sound effect. Maybe spread these types of clips throughout the entire video, not congest them, as (to me at least) they're not that interesting to watch in large periods.
  • At 3:40 I'm not entirely sure what the sound effect was used for. The sound suggests you got hit by something, but that doesn't look to be the case. Try adding in those types of sound effects only if necessary, and try to play them somewhat in the background, so they don't sound out of place.
  • The end card was pretty good, I enjoyed it
Overall the beginning and ending of the video seem fine, just the parts mentioned above may need altering. Again this is my opinion and I haven't personally played Destiny, but I hope this helped!
i thank you very much man. ill work on it

gunsage

Freedom! Member
From the start...

- I really liked the thumbnail. It was an immediate eye catch.
- The opening before the branding was okay, but the intro was nice, eye catching, and brief.
- Pretty cool that your character looks like Dante, I like it! :D
- I've noticed this about myself and it's something I need to work on as well: you have a tendency to mumble. Problem being, it sounds like buzzing in the mic. I'm not sure if that's the mic quality or just what the mumbling normally sounds like, but you definitely want to make sure you speak clearly so people can hear what you're saying, otherwise it just sounds like
heymancheckthisstuffoutlikebrah. I'm not trying to be overly critical or whatever, but it just doesn't sound good. You could also try adding in subtitles for parts that are near inaudible, even opting to make fun of yourself.
- There's a lot of dead air/silence. If possible, you want to try to fill that with music or, well, anything at all. Simply sitting there on a loading screen waiting and receiving no commentary can get boring and cause a viewer to potentially drop off right there, even if something cool is getting ready to happen.
- I haven't personally played Destiny, but I would recommend highlighting awesome shots, especially with sound effects. There were some cool moments, but I almost didn't notice them because there was no attention paid to these moments, so they seemed kinda muted.
- The outro was good as well. Nothing too long or obnoxious and it was a good eye catch.

It honestly wasn't bad, but there were a few points here and there that could've been improved. I would definitely keep at it!

AlaswadGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
From the start...

- I really liked the thumbnail. It was an immediate eye catch.
- The opening before the branding was okay, but the intro was nice, eye catching, and brief.
- Pretty cool that your character looks like Dante, I like it! :D
- I've noticed this about myself and it's something I need to work on as well: you have a tendency to mumble. Problem being, it sounds like buzzing in the mic. I'm not sure if that's the mic quality or just what the mumbling normally sounds like, but you definitely want to make sure you speak clearly so people can hear what you're saying, otherwise it just sounds like
heymancheckthisstuffoutlikebrah. I'm not trying to be overly critical or whatever, but it just doesn't sound good. You could also try adding in subtitles for parts that are near inaudible, even opting to make fun of yourself.
- There's a lot of dead air/silence. If possible, you want to try to fill that with music or, well, anything at all. Simply sitting there on a loading screen waiting and receiving no commentary can get boring and cause a viewer to potentially drop off right there, even if something cool is getting ready to happen.
- I haven't personally played Destiny, but I would recommend highlighting awesome shots, especially with sound effects. There were some cool moments, but I almost didn't notice them because there was no attention paid to these moments, so they seemed kinda muted.
- The outro was good as well. Nothing too long or obnoxious and it was a good eye catch.

It honestly wasn't bad, but there were a few points here and there that could've been improved. I would definitely keep at it!
thank you very much this is really helpful. i appreciate you doing this

xSpeed18

Project Uprising
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2015
Florida
YouTube
Muscleman306
Very similar to what was said above.
- I liked the thumbnail
- mumbling was a bit hard to understand (also a problem with me)
- The bit at the beginning was good enough to get me to want to see more of the video.
- Don't need to see it twice though

Overall - Quality video 9/10