Getting the views

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I have noticed alot of people asking how and were should they promote the video they make. So Im going to post some of the way to maximize your views and I hope between me and anyone else who offers help that we can boost your view count.

1) On the Freedom forums.
I mean granted you may not obtain a thousand views but people on here actually help one another and you will gain some views and anything can help when growing a YouTube channel.

2) Dailymotion.
Now I myself cant say I really see it benefiting my YouTube channel because im basically growing a whole different base outside of YouTube but people say it helps. With that being said though anyone who uses dailymotion and sees that it help I would love for an explanation :D

3) Commenting on other people videos.
Now this is an iffy one but it work. By commenting I do not mean spamming your new videos link on every channel you see but rather engaging in conversations with other. In some cases people will just view that person talking because they are curious and then some times they will view your channel because they like what you are saying.

Before I venture off I would like to mention a few tips to gaining views.
1) Thumbnails- It draws in people attention if made professionally and some of the times it the only reason people will pick one video over the same one from a different maker.
2) Tags- everyone knows that tags are important but you need to know how to use them correctly. You want to use general tags and more defined tags along with personal tags. For example: ' Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies' would be a general tag, ' Kino pile up glitch' would be a specific tag, 'UGT' would be a personal tag. Not many people use personal tags but lets says someone make a YT account with close to the same name you want to set yourself apart from them. For example if your name was PEWDS odds are people are also copying pewdiepies name and you want to set yourself apart from them.
3) Playlist- people can go from one video to the next without clicking anything which makes getting views as well as watch time easier.
4) Calls to action - Annotation or a form of communication to tell your views that you want them to do something. For example at the start or end of a video people always say " Thank you for watching the video if you liked it please like the video as well as subscribe "
Collabs- they bring two YTr's views together making everyone gain something from the experience
Now the other one im going to say I have no idea how they work and or I don't use them but have heard of them being used.

Twitter
Reddit - Note though that most of the people who will actually view your video will be A trolls who will comment rude things and dislike ever video like a young girl who has a crush. Or B a YouTuber who will view your video to promote himself.

Elesdee

Rising User
Jan 27, 2016
YouTube
Great post! I agree with #3 I have noticed more exposure and interaction when I make good posts on someone else's video. I do not spam the cliche come check out my channel sub4sub either.

Reactions: SuperMilkbox

KingdomSlayerNav

Rising User
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
CraziiNav
I have noticed alot of people asking how and were should they promote the video they make. So Im going to post some of the way to maximize your views and I hope between me and anyone else who offers help that we can boost your view count.

1) On the Freedom forums.
I mean granted you may not obtain a thousand views but people on here actually help one another and you will gain some views and anything can help when growing a YouTube channel.

2) Dailymotion.
Now I myself cant say I really see it benefiting my YouTube channel because im basically growing a whole different base outside of YouTube but people say it helps. With that being said though anyone who uses dailymotion and sees that it help I would love for an explanation :D

3) Commenting on other people videos.
Now this is an iffy one but it work. By commenting I do not mean spamming your new videos link on every channel you see but rather engaging in conversations with other. In some cases people will just view that person talking because they are curious and then some times they will view your channel because they like what you are saying.

Before I venture off I would like to mention a few tips to gaining views.
1) Thumbnails- It draws in people attention if made professionally and some of the times it the only reason people will pick one video over the same one from a different maker.
2) Tags- everyone knows that tags are important but you need to know how to use them correctly. You want to use general tags and more defined tags along with personal tags. For example: ' Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies' would be a general tag, ' Kino pile up glitch' would be a specific tag, 'UGT' would be a personal tag. Not many people use personal tags but lets says someone make a YT account with close to the same name you want to set yourself apart from them. For example if your name was PEWDS odds are people are also copying pewdiepies name and you want to set yourself apart from them.
3) Playlist- people can go from one video to the next without clicking anything which makes getting views as well as watch time easier.
4) Calls to action - Annotation or a form of communication to tell your views that you want them to do something. For example at the start or end of a video people always say " Thank you for watching the video if you liked it please like the video as well as subscribe "
Collabs- they bring two YTr's views together making everyone gain something from the experience
Now the other one im going to say I have no idea how they work and or I don't use them but have heard of them being used.

Twitter
Reddit - Note though that most of the people who will actually view your video will be A trolls who will comment rude things and dislike ever video like a young girl who has a crush. Or B a YouTuber who will view your video to promote himself.
Great tips for the smaller content creators
But I would also recommend trying out othe forums sites like yttalk.com as well
And Twitter is for me the best way
Since I've been using Twitter for over a year
And it's just amazing way to interact with other people
Dailymotion is less effective, cause people don't use it that often

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Great tips for the smaller content creators
But I would also recommend trying out othe forums sites like yttalk.com as well
And Twitter is for me the best way
Since I've been using Twitter for over a year
And it's just amazing way to interact with other people
Dailymotion is less effective, cause people don't use it that often
Ill try yttalk.com I always like trying to find new forums to be active on :p

Reactions: KingdomSlayerNav

GameGabe

Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
Unknown to mankind
YouTube
Im starting to think i'll put and adwords campaign on my youtube channel since i'm stuck with subscribers :/
But that's the sad part about non commentary channels heh :)