• Total voters

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Your name: Joel & Stephanie
Where are you from?: New York
How old are you?: 22
How did you find Freedom!? Searching for a Sponsorship
What made you join our forums?: People Actually talk with each other and give advice
What are your hobbies?: Video games, collecting things related to gaming or comics
What is your favorite food? Seafood & Avocados (not together though lol)
Why did you start YouTube? To demonstrate the things we love
What is your biggest dream? To open up a charity for cancer patients or foster children, where the money is raised through gaming around the world.
What kind of channel do you run?: A gaming and Lootcrate unboxing channel
What kind of content do you upload? Gameplays, lootcrate unboxing and soon walkthroughs and reviews
When do you upload?: Mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays
Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYIsr7f24r0DR3CG3XOSzQ

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hi @The Gamingtons,

Welcome to the Freedom! Community!

That's a wonderful dream. :) New York looks like an awesome place, I'd love to visit New York some time in the future. How's it like living there?

I see that you've already checked out the "Collaborate/Meetup" section, that's great! You should consider checking out the "Gaming Discussion" section some time as well if you haven't already. Discussion sections are one of the best parts of the forums in my opinion!

Click here to visit "Gaming Discussion"!

I look forward to seeing you around!

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
i will give the gaming discussion a try later on :)

and new York is alright, better if you're a tourist and not permanently staying here, im trying to get out of here, been here since i was 6 and it gets tiring same things everyday, new york is a great place of opportunities as people would say but in my opinion i would say that for people who are into like acting, theater, dance, etc. Everything is so expensive unless you making lots of figures. i didn't know until recently when i researched that its nearly impossible to live in new york on average salary without government help. and i believe that lol even a single metro card swipe costs $2.75 so basically to get to one place and back that is already $5.50, but enough about that lol i can go on about why i started disliking new york.

where you from?

Reactions: Danny

Todger182

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Welcome to the forums (y) (Y). The charity thing is something that has interested me for quite some time. But with my channel being so small, the effort to set up wouldn't be worth the time of the charity.

My father passed away from spinal cancer 2 years ago, seeing what the hospital was doing with him etc was a eye opener for me. Sorry hijacking.

Reactions: The Gamingtons

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Yea it's goals for the future my channel is just started so those goals are far from near me patience is what will help me.

And I agree the hospital system is something that really is disappointing I've seen plenty go sooner than they had to because lack of responsibility from hospitals

For now though I just want to grow my channel and this Freedom family I feel will help me better myself, my channel and my goals :)

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
i will give the gaming discussion a try later on :)

and new York is alright, better if you're a tourist and not permanently staying here, im trying to get out of here, been here since i was 6 and it gets tiring same things everyday, new york is a great place of opportunities as people would say but in my opinion i would say that for people who are into like acting, theater, dance, etc. Everything is so expensive unless you making lots of figures. i didn't know until recently when i researched that its nearly impossible to live in new york on average salary without government help. and i believe that lol even a single metro card swipe costs $2.75 so basically to get to one place and back that is already $5.50, but enough about that lol i can go on about why i started disliking new york.

where you from?
Vancouver! It's quite expensive here as well, especially property pricing. You have to make a lot of figures to live here too. :( The government says that they're making efforts to lower property pricing which I hope happens because I'd love to live here my entire life.

I wonder how New York compares to Vancouver in terms of expenses, an adult public transport ticket that lasts for a couple of hours costs $2.75 (CAD) as well. :p

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
I want to go there one day just to get that experience :) I stopped believing in yhe government helping a long time ago lol I believe if you aren't part of them then they just say things but don't really care

What you mean it lasts all day? Can you get on transport as many times as you want for the day with the $2.75?

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Yea we both share the channel, when it comes to gaming it's more me (joel) since I game more then she does but when it comes to like the lootcrate and collectibles it's usually her thats in charge of the recordings and things so yea we share it somewhat equally :) and I've always been about giving back that's why we work with kids a goal like that would just finish everything we started :)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I want to go there one day just to get that experience :) I stopped believing in yhe government helping a long time ago lol I believe if you aren't part of them then they just say things but don't really care

What you mean it lasts all day? Can you get on transport as many times as you want for the day with the $2.75?
No, just two hours haha, how about the NYC tickets, do they last all day? :eek:

Also if you're taking the SkyTrain here and you're travelling far, you'll have to pay more for 1 zone, 2 zones, or even 3 zones.

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
No the $2.75 you need to pay everytime you get on a bus or train lol which such so bad lol[DOUBLEPOST=1452330999][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks east lantic I sure will check it out :)

Reactions: East Lantic