Comments George's get subs video's

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Now the last 2 video's George talked about what people have been through with youtube and also about how to double, tripple subscribers. Now overal these video's aren't bad better said last video he also linked a list of pretty helpfull tips for new people. The only problem I have with these video's is that he makes it sound like if you do these things you will magically grow and from experience I know that is not true. Yes people will subscribe to you faster if you work on quality and such but this doesn't mean you will see your numbers double and so on. So George if you see this please make sure that people don't get the wrong ideas and think that subscribers will magically fall from the air when they start doing this.
Youtube is a combination of luck, good content, good hardware and good software. SO if you have seen George's video and indeed see the same as me (that your numbers aren't doubling), don't get discouraged youtube takes a lot of work but if you push through the hard times you will grow.
WIth that said what do you guys think about George's lats video's?

ItsBill

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I liked his last video, it really motivated me to do this right. It also made FREEDOM look much better as a community for me. I don't think George can explain every logical thing out there. Of course its obvious the sub numbers will not triple in a day, but one is guaranteed that it will after some time tripe and quadruple. That time is a variable that varies according to a bunch of factors, consistency, quality, demand, interest. If put work into your content, people will sub. It's magic almost.

Tho I see your point, I think it's out of place. It's as if every knife wallmark sells they put a sign on it "sharp". Its obvious and I don't think George is "tricking" or "misleading" anyone. He simply assumes its logical.

Reactions: riganthor

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
Supporting each other is great but I do feel sub4sub is promoted and in the end that's not going to help anyone if you're not sincerely interested in their content.

I agree with this.
I've been asked by quite a few other people in the Community to sub to them and after checking out their content, they aren't people I would want to sub to if I had found them out on my own.

Also, I agree with @ItsBill . In order to really get anywhere, you have to have good quality content, good software, good hardware and a bit of luck. Plus you have to know what is pretty popular on Youtube. I've gained 4 subs since I came to the forums, but I didn't beg anyone to sub to me, instead I just kinda said "Hey, check me out and tell me what you think" and to my surprise, people enjoy my content despite the fact that I had some rough times through-out my YT journey.

Things work differently for everyone though. But he did inspire me to want to make bigger changes to my channel such as new art and a new logo (which will come soon.)

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
The video was interesting, but I agree with you! It is pretty misleading in the fact that it makes you sound like it will instantly happen, and that's not the case at all haha.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Well next up is a video about that game he wants to create for/with the freedom family. I understand the thought process behind it but I don't think it will be succes.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
Yeah, I agree.

The thing is, most of the people on the Freedom! network are YouTubers, a community one shouldn't target when it comes to finding audience. So, if small YouTubers subscribe to each other, chances are, they might not even watch each other's videos. It's basically sub 4 sub, unless people actually subscribe to watch videos instead of increasing a number by 1.

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Yeah, I agree.

The thing is, most of the people on the Freedom! network are YouTubers, a community one shouldn't target when it comes to finding audience. So, if small YouTubers subscribe to each other, chances are, they might not even watch each other's videos. It's basically sub 4 sub, unless people actually subscribe to watch videos instead of increasing a number by 1.
Right