Game recommendations

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Well, this is my Steam channel, but wading through there might be a bit much... :p
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gunsage/
So instead I'll make some recommendations based off of stuff I love to come back to.

Darkest Dungeon - If you haven't checked this out, hoo boy, are you in for a treat. It's an RPG roguelike that deals with town management, tough battles, dungeon crawling, and PARTY MEMBERS SLOWLY GOING INSANE. Very cool and addicting stuff.

Double Dragon Neon - A solid reboot of sorts. I wouldn't call it a sequel necessary because it pays homage to a lot of the original Double Dragon material as well as 80s/90s culture and gaming. A very fun beat-em-up with a bit of strategy thrown in (timed dodges, a few different types of combos, you can only grapple at specific times, etc.).

Stardew Valley - I would be remiss not to mention this one. It's basically Harvest Moon to the nth degree. It borrows from a lot of the original formula, but also adds in elements of Rune Factory and other similar titles. Very fun stuff, especially if you loved the original Harvest Moon.

Those are the biggest ones I can think of right now. Sure, I could've thrown in titles like Grandia 2 or Skyrim, but most people know about those already.

TheNukeDuke

Rising User
Well, it depends.
I only use free games, and these are what caught my eye :-
  • Tanki Online
  • TankiX
  • 0 A.D.
  • Uncharted Series [paid, you can make walkthroughs or multiplayer battles]
  • APB Reloaded

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Well, this is my Steam channel, but wading through there might be a bit much... :p
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gunsage/
So instead I'll make some recommendations based off of stuff I love to come back to.

Darkest Dungeon - If you haven't checked this out, hoo boy, are you in for a treat. It's an RPG roguelike that deals with town management, tough battles, dungeon crawling, and PARTY MEMBERS SLOWLY GOING INSANE. Very cool and addicting stuff.

Double Dragon Neon - A solid reboot of sorts. I wouldn't call it a sequel necessary because it pays homage to a lot of the original Double Dragon material as well as 80s/90s culture and gaming. A very fun beat-em-up with a bit of strategy thrown in (timed dodges, a few different types of combos, you can only grapple at specific times, etc.).

Stardew Valley - I would be remiss not to mention this one. It's basically Harvest Moon to the nth degree. It borrows from a lot of the original formula, but also adds in elements of Rune Factory and other similar titles. Very fun stuff, especially if you loved the original Harvest Moon.

Those are the biggest ones I can think of right now. Sure, I could've thrown in titles like Grandia 2 or Skyrim, but most people know about those already.

OOOOOH i also recommend darkestd ungeon, I'm currently on episode 49 of my channel and man this game is epic!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
OOOOOH i also recommend darkestd ungeon, I'm currently on episode 49 of my channel and man this game is epic!
Depends if your able i would advise downloading the 2 week trial for Final Fantasy XIV wich is a MMO, if your looking for a good Free MMO i would check Neverwinter :)

Daniel Chettiar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
You can play:

Team Fortress

Paladins

Warface

Warframe

theses games are all free and if you wanna play something else then you can always visit Gamejolt.com
for free indie games, it can be arcade horror your choice of games too
Have a great day hope i helped you ^_^

Zimrrik

New User
Freedom! Member
Total War series
Red Orchestra 2
FNaF
Resident Evil Series
Battlefield 1
Call of Duty Any
Trials Fusion
Silent Hunters 5
Men of War
More.....

FreelanceSeven

Freedom! Member
Stardew Valley, definitely. SUPERHOT has an interesting mechanic, but it costs a little too much, if you ask me. Killing Floor 2 is always a blast. Elite: Dangerous is just an amazing and beautiful game. Teleglitch is atmospheric and intense. Pathologic is interesting, but very weird and hard. System Shock 2 is old but it's a game every action rpg player should get. The Long Dark is a good survival game. FTL: Faster Than Light is good for strategic people. Octodad: Dadliest Catch is adorable and humorous. Mount and Blade: Warband is great. This War of Mine, Payday 2, The Talos Principle, Overwatch. I could recommend a bunch more.

Emicarn

Rising User
Freedom! Member
definitely agree with Stardew Valley, and at 15.00 the price is just about right for the replayability after the last patch.

Some of my suggestions [and some are not inexpensive]

Niche
Hearts of Iron IV
Factorio
Egypt Pre-Civilization

with the Steam Sale coming, you can pick up Europa Universalis IV or Crusader Kings II pretty inexpensively for the base game and they are replayable for different series.

Just my .02 worth.

GucciCarry

- Stardew Valley
- CSGO
- LoL
- Outlast
- Resident Evil Series
- Metal Gear Solid Series
- Dead by Daylight
- Minecraft (LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL)
- Bioshock Series
- Mass Effect Series
- Garrys Mod
- Insurgency
- Unturned
- The Culling
- Don't Starve Together

I could keep going and going haha.

JakeVegas

Respected User
So many titles to recommend...do you like PC specific games? Do you like shooters? How about combat simulators? If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then you can't go wrong with Arma 3. (y) (Y)

Akros Ascending

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Thank you guys for all your suggestions but I think what I'm going to do is I'm going to stick to PC specific games that are based on Survival (horror zombie stranded exedra) what do you guys think