Game of the year 2015 poll

Mr Teamguy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2015
YouTube
What do you think will be Game Of The Year 2015 ? I added some games that could be a great contenders for game of the year , even when some of them aren't even released yet . So let's star this poll

Blazerunner70

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2015
Canada
YouTube
Im going to put my vote down for Metal Gear Solid 5. I may be disagreed with and I know the game had some issues, but... here is my opinion.

Pros:
-Cusomization in the game is amazing as you unlock things to match your playstyle, wether lethal/nonlethal
-The Open World concept was well used.
-Fulton use on animals and people were always funny to watch.
-The Single player was great, and the multiplayer looks promising

Cons:
-Skullface was rather weak as a villian. He was just....sort of there.
-The game was missing a solid ending. Yes there was a few different endings and all were very informative, but with the issues between Kojima and Konami, it was rushed in the end.
-Many people see the game as too easy. It CAN be at times, but that depends on your settings for the game. (Reflex mode, etc. )

Last edited:

Mr Teamguy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2015
YouTube
Im going to put my vote down for Metal Gear Solid 5. I may be disagreed with and I know the game had some issues, but... here is my opinion.

Pros:
-Cusomization in the game is amazing as you unlock things to match your playstyle, wether lethal/nonlethal
-The Open World concept was well used.
-Fulton use on animals and people were always funny to watch.
-The Single player was great, and the multiplayer looks promising

Cons:
-Skullface was rather weak as a villian. He was just....sort of there.
-The game was missing a solid ending. Yes there was a few different endings and all were very informative, but with the issues between Kojima and Konami, it was rushed in the end.
-Many people see the game as too easy. It CAN be at times, but that depends on your settings for the game. (Reflex mode, etc. )
You got some Solid point if you know what i mean :D , well i prefer Witcher 3 More it was so freaking hard tom decide witcher3/Metal Gear Solid V . But i am more of magic/sword/prepear the oils for the battle guy . Like a story little bit more and the villains of witcher was way more entertaining . But metal gear had the feel of alone in the desert at first that made me feel like a real agent , then again when you get sniper scouting the place helicopter throwing missles and helping to clean the place with fire support while you lay near the base camp and wait for place to get cleaned up was freaking awesome . Even the customization was almost perfect at this day of age . But still the atmosphere in witcher 3 while you gather the ingredients study the monsters you will have contract to kill , and roaming the majestic forrest that feels like a real forrest (none of games i have played have ever made this happen) feels awesome . Even the story was great especially the side stories like story of bloody baron(my fav) even bring a tear to my eye . Now the soundtrack ... Oh boy it felt great , just perfect for pagan fan like me .
Well I don't know who will be game of the year 2015 for me because Fallout 4 isin't ou yet but i will deffinetly try it out , even make a let's play out of it as soon as i get my hands on it . For now Witcher 3 is my game of the year 2015 , but i will have to wait and see , maybe my opinion will change after Fallout 4 because i am a huge Fallout/Wasteland series fan . Thank you for your opinion good Sir and have a good day.

Kuway000

Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2015
YouTube
It's kind of hard to say since a couple of these games aren't out yet, but I'd say for me personally would be Fallout 4 due to the openness, freedom, and hours I spent on 3 and New Vegas.

The Witcher 3 isn't a bad game either, and I love all the free content being given out, but I feel Fallout 4 will just take it for me!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Rocket league seems to be the most popular game played this year... but for some reason I doubt that it would even be in the running since it's so indy

Fallout 4 is gonna definitely be a contender...

Witcher 3... I can't believe I haven't even played that yet... I had it preordered... :(

PunkJax

Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2015
NYC
youtube.com
YouTube
I always find it hard to judge a GOTY every year because every game is good in its own way. I always think that the best games stand out and do things in ways to further our experiences in a way that makes us feel emotions alongside happiness when playing the game. I would also not count out indie games, as some of them this year have been better than most AAA titles in the past 10 years.

With this in mind, Undertale is definitely my personal game of the year. It gives the player an experience that they cannot get anywhere else, and puts them in a world where they have to be human and think about and live with their actions while giving them a wonderfully quirky world to traverse. Rocket League is great multiplayer fun, but it's not much more than a simple sports game. SOMA is an interesting experience and story, but I feel that it's hard to keep players satisfied with helpless hide-and-run horror games (though Alien Isolation did that VERY well). Ori and The Blind Forest was a masterpiece of game design, and I can see that being noticed, but it felt very indie unpolished in a lot of ways (despite being very polished???).

If it had to be non-indie, it would defintiely be Metal Gear Solid 5. It just felt like an on-going experience. The cons of it were that it dragged on, though, so maybe Bloodborne would be better suited for GOTY. Witcher 3 was fun but offered nothing to the genre or medium and other than being good didn't do much interesting to stick out from the rising tide of action RPGs.

thundar001

Jul 31, 2015
YouTube
Metal Gear Solid 5 was definitely great. It might have been great since it was a game that me and my friends would screw around in and have fun.

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I think that Fallout 4 and Star wars battlefront are going to be huge this year just the size of both of them will just sell loads and see alot of players , I mean the amount of people who played Star wars battlefront was like 10 million or something which is a tone of players so I think it has a great chance of getting it but depends alot if it holds out and shows people if the whole game what is to come with dlc.

Reactions: Mr Teamguy

Mr Teamguy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 16, 2015
YouTube
I always find it hard to judge a GOTY every year because every game is good in its own way. I always think that the best games stand out and do things in ways to further our experiences in a way that makes us feel emotions alongside happiness when playing the game. I would also not count out indie games, as some of them this year have been better than most AAA titles in the past 10 years.

With this in mind, Undertale is definitely my personal game of the year. It gives the player an experience that they cannot get anywhere else, and puts them in a world where they have to be human and think about and live with their actions while giving them a wonderfully quirky world to traverse. Rocket League is great multiplayer fun, but it's not much more than a simple sports game. SOMA is an interesting experience and story, but I feel that it's hard to keep players satisfied with helpless hide-and-run horror games (though Alien Isolation did that VERY well). Ori and The Blind Forest was a masterpiece of game design, and I can see that being noticed, but it felt very indie unpolished in a lot of ways (despite being very polished???).

If it had to be non-indie, it would defintiely be Metal Gear Solid 5. It just felt like an on-going experience. The cons of it were that it dragged on, though, so maybe Bloodborne would be better suited for GOTY. Witcher 3 was fun but offered nothing to the genre or medium and other than being good didn't do much interesting to stick out from the rising tide of action RPGs.
Yeah Undertale is deffinetly indie game of the year , I don't know how to compare it to witcher3/metal gear solid 5 ... Sorry that i didin't added it to the list

PunkJax

Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2015
NYC
youtube.com
YouTube
Yeah Undertale is deffinetly indie game of the year , I don't know how to compare it to witcher3/metal gear solid 5 ... Sorry that i didin't added it to the list
Don't worry! Most people don't think of indies or smaller games for GOTY awards, but for me it's a simple matter of "which experience did I treasure most" and I think Undertale is the first game I can treasure this way since Mother 3's fan translation came out.

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
Agreeing with PunkJax here, Undertale is by far and away my game of the year and also one of the best games I've played, full stop.