YouTube Gaining no subs, views are lackluster...

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Hey guys I'm in a dilemma. I started my channel last September and it started off pretty well. I was getting awesome feedback in terms of views and I was gaining active subs. However, something happened in my life that made me stop uploading videos for 4 months. I've started uploading again last Monday and I haven't been getting the same return on my videos while I feel I am posting better content. I have yet to break 100 views on any of these videos I have uploaded the past week. What am I doing wrong? Please help me. If I have posted this on the wrong topic, I am deeply sorry. Thank you!

Last edited:

Madness

Freedom! Member
Nov 30, 2015
YouTube
You arent doing anything wrong but because u stopped uploading those active subs forgot about u basically, however just keep going and eventually they will see the notification in there sub boxes

Reactions: Aaron Reyes

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As with most things, taken a break from uploading might have caused some of your viewers to become disinterested in your channel, especially if you hadn't informed them you would be taking a break from uploading. It could also be that they don't like, or haven't yet seen your recent videos and your just assuming things are wrong when in fact they aren't

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
You arent doing anything wrong but because u stopped uploading those active subs forgot about u basically, however just keep going and eventually they will see the notification in there sub boxes
Okay that sounds good, thanks :)[DOUBLEPOST=1489161813][/DOUBLEPOST]
As with most things, taken a break from uploading might have caused some of your viewers to become disinterested in your channel, especially if you hadn't informed them you would be taking a break from uploading. It could also be that they don't like, or haven't yet seen your recent videos and your just assuming things are wrong when in fact they aren't
Yeah you may be right, thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1489161847][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know the feeling, I remember taking a break for months and coming back to less views. However, if you keep going and, as long as you're consistent, they'll come back or you'll find new subs :) that's what happened to me.
Ah I know there is hope now :D thank you so much

Madness

Freedom! Member
Nov 30, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys I'm in a dilemma. I started my channel last September and it started off pretty well. I was getting awesome feedback in terms of views and I was gaining active subs. However, something happened in my life that made me stop uploading videos for 4 months. I've started uploading again last Monday and I haven't been getting the same return on my videos while I feel I am posting better content. I have yet to break 100 views on any of these videos I have uploaded the past week. What am I doing wrong? Please help me. If I have posted this on the wrong topic, I am deeply sorry. Thank you!
Also if u drop me ur skype I can add you to a group that I have running atm with a load of active youtubers that are all around 50-200 subs and we all comment on eachothers videos drop likes and just help eachother out if u wanna join tell me ur skype name :)

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Also if u drop me ur skype I can add you to a group that I have running atm with a load of active youtubers that are all around 50-200 subs and we all comment on eachothers videos drop likes and just help eachother out if u wanna join tell me ur skype name :)
That sounds great! AirOnRice37 is my skype :D

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Basically, a mistake I made as well. (I know, shocking :p )
Taking an unexpected break will cause your active viewers to lose interest and find someone who actively uploads for their daily desire.
Since YouTube is forever updating, and the stupid "ring the bell" system was added, maybe these viewers don't have that setting activated, so when you returned, they didn't get it in their sub boxes.

Always try to get your viewers active on your social media as well, if anything happens, say it! It's quick and you don't need to render.

Aaron Reyes

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
AirOnRiceYT
Basically, a mistake I made as well. (I know, shocking :p )
Taking an unexpected break will cause your active viewers to lose interest and find someone who actively uploads for their daily desire.
Since YouTube is forever updating, and the stupid "ring the bell" system was added, maybe these viewers don't have that setting activated, so when you returned, they didn't get it in their sub boxes.

Always try to get your viewers active on your social media as well, if anything happens, say it! It's quick and you don't need to render.
Yeah that may be the solution, thanks :)

Odenrein

Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2017
YouTube
This actually sounds great maybe a discord server would be good too

Justin TheMrSanity

Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
May I suggest switching the group over to discord? Skype groups can be very annoying if people are making conversations and others aren't in them and those other people receive the notifications still. Discord you can have multiple chat rooms. Its free, and less CPU intensive then skype.

Reactions: RealCanadianGaming