Full Time Youtuber Then Whats Your Job Called?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Not a full time Youtuber so I don't have to worry about this :D

It's interesting that it's perceived not a real job or that you are wasting your time/not working hard. If you said you were an actor in a TV series getting the same views that would get a completely different response.

I guess you could just say you work in video production, or you could just say Youtube is your work and if they don't like it then that's their problem :p

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
When I was new to Youtube, I used to tell my relatives that I make videos and stuff. The reaction I got is bad and told me its a waste of time. So I stop telling them what I am doing.

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
"I'm a professional electronic music producer, I put my songs online for free for people to receive maximum enjoyment and pleasure from them. How about you?"

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well I am still not that good to be fully youtuber, I upload only in free time, but every money you get can count if you don't have it that much. :)

Believe

Renowned User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
@TwilightPrinze @Hail Kira @majkxter x @Way @Nolan Westmore @Thunderbolt @Koala_Steamed my problem is, they thinking i am sitting on computer 24x7, making money online they dont even know how hard its to record everything editing making thumnails and uploading (very less ppl will watch at end but we all know oneday we will get succes) well without having fun enjoying what we are doing we cant do anything. i better to behave like unemploy thats good for everyone in my town i dont know i am in weird situation rt now @Phil Kidd - if i talk how much i get everymoney thats goes even bad (they suggest me like get a real job) they dont understand its just all intrest we can see our friend @Kratos Aurion allways relate with anime games thats his intrest even he like cod he never uploaded i think well ! we have to follow what we like thats how its fun in life !!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Sorry man, I'm not real sure what to suggest... I do have a full time job and 3 kids... Personally I suggest having a job to pay for new equipment and stuff...

You know... unless your channels do really good... but after 3 years I still make more in one hour at work than I do in a whole month on youtube...

So... I don't know...

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Sorry man, I'm not real sure what to suggest... I do have a full time job and 3 kids... Personally I suggest having a job to pay for new equipment and stuff...

You know... unless your channels do really good... but after 3 years I still make more in one hour at work than I do in a whole month on youtube...

So... I don't know...
Same for me, i have a job and 2 kids and work gives a steady income and youtube is not reliable in my opinion. I don't do youtube for the money but as a hobby so i can't really give a good opinion about it.

Reactions: Hail Kira