Gaming Frosted Fricks is Now HERE!!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hello fellow gamers, animators, vloggers, fashionistas, reviewers, sketch comedians ....... oh heck there are so many of ya let's just call you what you all really are, and that's YouTubers! My name is Frosted Fricks and I hail from the dark desolate frozen tundra of Buffalo, New York. That's right home of the original Buffalo Wing and well, really not much else. Well except maybe... the hometown of Not one, but TWO of the nations presidents Grover Cleveland and Millard Fillmore, but enough history about this city for now. I am here to embark on a journey, a quest if you will, to find a reason for all of my hard work, and that reason, that soul finding desire .... IS ...... To Entertain!

A little more about me. I am 28 and this is the only place anybody will know that, as I look 20, I have a bachelors degree in Animation and I'm not too shabby at 3D modeling and lighting if I do say so myself, I live with a cat named Sammy (she's been with me for 7 years) oh, and I guess I have a roommate named Tyshawn as well (he likes to terrify me when I am playing horror games), I play the guitar, which means I am also in a band (we play video game music), I actively participate in charities, I have a weird penchant for apples (the fastest way to my heart), I take improv classes, and I have many leather bound books and my studio smells of rich mahogany. Really though, I am a down to earth guy and am really out to make a difference in the world even if it is one person at a time.

I found Freedom through a lot of researching on which is the best network to be a part of and Freedom fit right into the criteria I was looking for. The community is fantastic and they always have something going on to benefit their affiliates! There is always a way to do more for your channel and they help you along with that as best as they can.

Now the big question is: what the heck do I do on YouTube? I am a let's player. I love games and always have. They are the reason i have a degree in animation as I hope to one day set out and get a job utilizing the abilities I drove myself into crippling college debt for and be a part of making a game someone can enjoy. I play a fair share of indie games, but as it is October, I am focusing primarily on horror games (sleeping has become optional for me). I try to upload once a day everyday. Sometimes I miss a few, but I will always come back with more. I started my channel in hopes for a few things, one was to get my art to be available to view, as stated earlier I love video games and I love looking at them from an art based perspective, so naturally I will talk about it, but the biggest one is that I have a strong feeling I was put here to bring joy to others and to ensure that at least once a day, in some shape or form, I put a smile on at least one persons face. That my video somehow picks someone up from having a bad day. I don't do this to get famous, I do it because I know that everyday there is someone out there who needs to laugh or who needs a friend and has very few people to turn to. I'm here because I want them to know that no matter how bad it gets, it will always get better. I believe everyone is here for a reason and anybody can make a difference, even if it is just a smile.

Thank you for your time!

Channel link: www.youtube.com/c/frostedfricks

Reactions: Savannah

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hi @Frosted Fricks,

Welcome to the Freedom! Community!

What a great introduction indeed! :D I always say this but New York is on my bucket list and I hope to visit more than just once. I love large cities, being a kid who grew up in an urban area, it's my idea of a nice place to live in.

I'm not much of an animator myself but I'm curious to know what software you use for your animations! The only real 3D modelling I've done is create a Minecraft rig and that's not really much haha. I like to do my 3D work in Blender because it just seems to work better than dealing with it in Photoshop or After Effects. It's really cool to see a fellow community member with a bachelors degree in animation!

I'm sure your channel will be discovered by more viewers, you have great intentions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Welcome to Freedom @Frosted Fricks . What a great introduction. :)
Thank you very much. I usually say speak from the heart! Its just what I do! Thank you for your comment![DOUBLEPOST=1444219786][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi @Frosted Fricks,

Welcome to the Freedom! Community!

What a great introduction indeed! :D I always say this but New York is on my bucket list and I hope to visit more than just once. I love large cities, being a kid who grew up in an urban area, it's my idea of a nice place to live in.

I'm not much of an animator myself but I'm curious to know what software you use for your animations! The only real 3D modelling I've done is create a Minecraft rig and that's not really much haha. I like to do my 3D work in Blender because it just seems to work better than dealing with it in Photoshop or After Effects. It's really cool to see a fellow community member with a bachelors degree in animation!

I'm sure your channel will be discovered by more viewers, you have great intentions. I look forward to seeing you around!
Hey 41Danny1!!!
Buffalo, New York is sort of a smaller city, but it has a bunch of history to show. Not only that we are literally a 15 minute ride away from Niagara Falls. It's a pretty active city durning the Summer and Fall, but when winter happens (which is about 7 months out of the year), the city seems to slow down a bit, but there is always something to do!

For my animations I use a combination of Maya, Mudbox, z brush, Paint Tool Sai and adobe photoshop. Hey a minecraft rig is still a rig and those are a pain in the butt, so much can go wrong during rigging. Also, Blender for what it's worth is great freeware!! It's liquid effects are actually really great!

What state are you from?[DOUBLEPOST=1444225907][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if anybody has any recommendations for my channel it would be much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Hello fellow gamers, animators, vloggers, fashionistas, reviewers, sketch comedians ....... oh heck there are so many of ya let's just call you what you all really are, and that's YouTubers! My name is Frosted Fricks and I hail from the dark desolate frozen tundra of Buffalo, New York. That's right home of the original Buffalo Wing and well, really not much else. Well except maybe... the hometown of Not one, but TWO of the nations presidents Grover Cleveland and Millard Fillmore, but enough history about this city for now. I am here to embark on a journey, a quest if you will, to find a reason for all of my hard work, and that reason, that soul finding desire .... IS ...... To Entertain!

A little more about me. I am 28 and this is the only place anybody will know that, as I look 20, I have a bachelors degree in Animation and I'm not too shabby at 3D modeling and lighting if I do say so myself, I live with a cat named Sammy (she's been with me for 7 years) oh, and I guess I have a roommate named Tyshawn as well (he likes to terrify me when I am playing horror games), I play the guitar, which means I am also in a band (we play video game music), I actively participate in charities, I have a weird penchant for apples (the fastest way to my heart), I take improv classes, and I have many leather bound books and my studio smells of rich mahogany. Really though, I am a down to earth guy and am really out to make a difference in the world even if it is one person at a time.

I found Freedom through a lot of researching on which is the best network to be a part of and Freedom fit right into the criteria I was looking for. The community is fantastic and they always have something going on to benefit their affiliates! There is always a way to do more for your channel and they help you along with that as best as they can.

Now the big question is: what the heck do I do on YouTube? I am a let's player. I love games and always have. They are the reason i have a degree in animation as I hope to one day set out and get a job utilizing the abilities I drove myself into crippling college debt for and be a part of making a game someone can enjoy. I play a fair share of indie games, but as it is October, I am focusing primarily on horror games (sleeping has become optional for me). I try to upload once a day everyday. Sometimes I miss a few, but I will always come back with more. I started my channel in hopes for a few things, one was to get my art to be available to view, as stated earlier I love video games and I love looking at them from an art based perspective, so naturally I will talk about it, but the biggest one is that I have a strong feeling I was put here to bring joy to others and to ensure that at least once a day, in some shape or form, I put a smile on at least one persons face. That my video somehow picks someone up from having a bad day. I don't do this to get famous, I do it because I know that everyday there is someone out there who needs to laugh or who needs a friend and has very few people to turn to. I'm here because I want them to know that no matter how bad it gets, it will always get better. I believe everyone is here for a reason and anybody can make a difference, even if it is just a smile.

Thank you for your time!

Hello @Frosted Fricks!

You are a fantastic writer! :) Your personality definitely shows, and you sound like an awesome person!
I have two cats myself, and I so relate to looking way younger than your actual age lol :D
I hope you enjoy Freedom! and we are so glad that you chose to join us! :)

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Thank you very much. I usually say speak from the heart! Its just what I do! Thank you for your comment![DOUBLEPOST=1444219786][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey 41Danny1!!!
Buffalo, New York is sort of a smaller city, but it has a bunch of history to show. Not only that we are literally a 15 minute ride away from Niagara Falls. It's a pretty active city durning the Summer and Fall, but when winter happens (which is about 7 months out of the year), the city seems to slow down a bit, but there is always something to do!

For my animations I use a combination of Maya, Mudbox, z brush, Paint Tool Sai and adobe photoshop. Hey a minecraft rig is still a rig and those are a pain in the butt, so much can go wrong during rigging. Also, Blender for what it's worth is great freeware!! It's liquid effects are actually really great!

What state are you from?[DOUBLEPOST=1444225907][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if anybody has any recommendations for my channel it would be much appreciated!!!
I'm actually from Canada!

Vancouver, British Columbia to be a bit more specific. Living here is a lot like living in the states I'd imagine, we just miss out on a few internet services such as Hulu and some content on YouTube and Netflix (it's getting better though.) :p

I think I'd actually really enjoy visiting New York during the winter because I love cold weather and snow! It has barely snowed here in Vancouver for the past several years and the summers get so hot that I sweat from just walking to the mall haha. I'd still love to visit during the summer though, 'cause as you said that's when it's most eventful!

Maya I'm somewhat familiar with! A while ago, I wanted to get into all this animation stuff and grabbed a student copy of Maya. I don't have it anymore but it was definitely a very premium software and you can get a lot done in it! I agree that Blender being a freeware is a major strong point, it's great for people who want to start getting into model creation and stuff. I also really like the video editor in Blender! Although I don't use it to edit, it's great for being free and the only freeware I can think of that tops it is the new Hitfilm 3 Express.

SheepDreams

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 16, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Sheep_Dreams

Thank you for your time!

Love the attitude! Youtubers unite! :D Welcome to our lovely community. ENJOY!

Reactions: Danny

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Hello @Frosted Fricks!

You are a fantastic writer! :) Your personality definitely shows, and you sound like an awesome person!
I have two cats myself, and I so relate to looking way younger than your actual age lol :D
I hope you enjoy Freedom! and we are so glad that you chose to join us! :)

Thank you for the heartwarming welcome!!! I really appreciate it and am also glad I am not the only one with what I like to call baby face syndrome. It's the only reason I keep my beard on lol What kind of cats do you have? I am also curious as to what they are named :) ? I have always thought my writing was average, so I'm glad to hear someone appreciates it! Thank you

Reactions: Savannah

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Thank you for the heartwarming welcome!!! I really appreciate it and am also glad I am not the only one with what I like to call baby face syndrome. It's the only reason I keep my beard on lol What kind of cats do you have? I am also curious as to what they are named :) ? I have always thought my writing was average, so I'm glad to hear someone appreciates it! Thank you

You're welcome! :)
And yes! I am carded every where lol. :p But I guess I'll be appreciative later for it lol
I have two short-haired tabbey cats :) Johnny is a girl and is reddish-brown, while Bubba is tan and white and is a male lol :D they're my babies lol.

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
I'm actually from Canada!

Vancouver, British Columbia to be a bit more specific. Living here is a lot like living in the states I'd imagine, we just miss out on a few internet services such as Hulu and some content on YouTube and Netflix (it's getting better though.) :p

I think I'd actually really enjoy visiting New York during the winter because I love cold weather and snow! It has barely snowed here in Vancouver for the past several years and the summers get so hot that I sweat from just walking to the mall haha. I'd still love to visit during the summer though, 'cause as you said that's when it's most eventful!

Maya I'm somewhat familiar with! A while ago, I wanted to get into all this animation stuff and grabbed a student copy of Maya. I don't have it anymore but it was definitely a very premium software and you can get a lot done in it! I agree that Blender being a freeware is a major strong point, it's great for people who want to start getting into model creation and stuff. I also really like the video editor in Blender! Although I don't use it to edit, it's great for being free and the only freeware I can think of that tops it is the new Hitfilm 3 Express.

I've never been out that far into Canada. I know I would like to one day. Of course i would like to do a lot of exploring (I love finding out about the history of certain places). As for New York there are so many different cities to explore. To name Albany, NY City, Buffalo, Rochester and those are just to name a few!

Maya is so user friendly, that's the one thing I like the most, but the downside is that it's so touchy when it wants to be (that's where my multiple save files and spastic saving came from). I' haven't played with blender at all and would really like to get into it. Maybe when I start playing with it I can ask you a few questions if I'm having trouble! Also if you ever have any Maya questions, don't hesitate to ask! I've been at it for over 7 years!

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I've never been out that far into Canada. I know I would like to one day. Of course i would like to do a lot of exploring (I love finding out about the history of certain places). As for New York there are so many different cities to explore. To name Albany, NY City, Buffalo, Rochester and those are just to name a few!

Maya is so user friendly, that's the one thing I like the most, but the downside is that it's so touchy when it wants to be (that's where my multiple save files and spastic saving came from). I' haven't played with blender at all and would really like to get into it. Maybe when I start playing with it I can ask you a few questions if I'm having trouble! Also if you ever have any Maya questions, don't hesitate to ask! I've been at it for over 7 years!
Haha I'm no pro at Blender, and I certainly don't have seven years of experience! :p

Seriously, seven years? That's awesome, I bet you do great work with Maya!

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Haha I'm no pro at Blender, and I certainly don't have seven years of experience! :p

Seriously, seven years? That's awesome, I bet you do great work with Maya!
I'm still not too hot on character creation, however I can make backgrounds, props, and light and texture a scene like there's no tomorrow. I do it fast and low poly! For Blender, even if you mildly know something about that program you already got a leg up on me.

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
Welcome to Freedom! @Frosted Fricks!!

That was a really great introduction thread, I'm glad I read that. I too love games and being part of charities, always great to give back :)

I hope you really like it here at Freedom! because we really want you to stay (we want everyone xD).

I wish for the best for you and your channel

Cheers! ;P

Frosted Fricks

Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2015
Buffalo
YouTube
frostedfricks
Welcome to Freedom! @Frosted Fricks!!

That was a really great introduction thread, I'm glad I read that. I too love games and being part of charities, always great to give back :)

I hope you really like it here at Freedom! because we really want you to stay (we want everyone xD).

I wish for the best for you and your channel

Cheers! ;P
Thank you very much for the welcoming. I would really like everyone here to continue to grow. This is a really great community to be a part of. I know if anybody has any questions I am always willing to help. I know starting up is hard. Heck I still am lol!!!

Bryan

Tech YouTuber!
Freedom! Member
Thank you very much for the welcoming. I would really like everyone here to continue to grow. This is a really great community to be a part of. I know if anybody has any questions I am always willing to help. I know starting up is hard. Heck I still am lol!!!

Hahaha I can totally relate! Not everything is easy but it's still a very awesome experience to go through. I'm still having fun :)