Freedom Sub Networks Are Terminated

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
So all sub networks are being shut down in the next 7 days.

Are there any sub network owners on here and if so what are your thoughts ?

Also channels that are apart of a sub network, will being with just Freedom and getting their services be enough for you to stay with the Network ?

Danny

I requested a network transfer from Freedom to you guy a while back, what does that mean for my channel?

Will I still become part of the PGUK network? I really like the fact you are partnered with a charity which was why I wanted to transfer.

DropbackTV

Rising User
Oct 24, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Dropback.tv
YouTube
Subnetworks are shutting down us and everyone else included. Technically, the websites will stay up, but we aren't networks anymore. All partners from our understanding, will be moved directly under Freedom!. Networks will no longer provide support or any of their other services.

Networks can pivot to something else. This is what we are doing, but we are no longer a "YouTube Network". We are now a business that is related to YouTube. We are currently planning our next steps, but we will stay around. As for everyone else, that is up to them and what they decide to do. I know some who are shutting everything down, and others that plan to pivot or make a run at an MCN.

For those wondering, unless otherwise stated in your negotiation deals with Freedom! when you joined, you will still be able to leave in 30 days if you wish. This process is the same, and Freedom! will not lock you in or keep if you don't want to be with them directly. My word of caution to you is this though. DO NOT JOIN A LOCK-IN NETWORK. They are still out there, and you will regret it.

Best,
Nic King
DropbackTV President & CEO

Reactions: Gaming4 Good

Gaming4 Good

New User
Jul 13, 2015
guess I'm not the only one frantically looking for an answer to this. I joined my sub network not freedom. If they're gone I'm gone

PGUK Network

Respected User
I requested a network transfer from Freedom to you guy a while back, what does that mean for my channel?

Will I still become part of the PGUK network? I really like the fact you are partnered with a charity which was why I wanted to transfer.

Hey

Unfortunately Freedom have taken all our partners back to direct partners with Freedom so we are not able to help :(

Danny

Gamesolc

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
@DropbackTV @PGUK Network What if you guys can Morph into an MCN built on the same Principles as Freedom! as a start. You guys seem to have a fairly large Audience...... You guys can sign with Google, "Although you guys hate lock-in contacts (i do too)" and form a MCN. I think a lot of people including myself will switch :D

DropbackTV

Rising User
Oct 24, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Dropback.tv
YouTube
@DropbackTV @PGUK Network What if you guys can Morph into an MCN built on the same Principles as Freedom! as a start. You guys seem to have a fairly large Audience...... You guys can sign with Google, "Although you guys hate lock-in contacts (i do too)" and form a MCN. I think a lot of people including myself will switch :D
While that's something we've considered, we really aren't interested in running an MCN. We are already in the process of pivoting to something much bigger than a network that will allow us to reach many, many more people.