Off-Topic Freedom MCN are Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017
I have been a content creator on youtube since 2006 with no issues. Due to the recent advertisers threatening to pull from youtube, youtube discreetly cracked down on "controversial content" which included 3 of my channels being terminated, one partnered with "freedom" MCN. No strikes, no warning just terminated. I have been operating on youtube for over 10 years with no issues, no strikes etc. Freedom is claiming my $7,000 that I earned from January to March of this year on my channel that was partnered with them is now their money. This is THIEVERY plain and simple. Adsense doesn't even do this, my other channels that were ran through my personal adsense I'm still getting paid regardless if they were terminated or not they don't just discredit valid clicks for a channel being suspended because it's irrelevant. ... so why should "freedom" do this? BECAUSE THEY'RE SCAMMERS that's why.

Why did "George" and "freedom" move to Manilla, Philippines? Because he's a scammer at heart and he can avoid paying taxes that way and make legal action tougher from being international.

Why does "freedom" withhold payments for 60 days? Because they're thieves and they count on this "loophole" of channels being terminated, maybe even assisting in the process and suggesting channels to be terminated so they can keep the money.

The forfeiture of MY EARNINGS is only in their "contract" which my lawyer was laughing about considering adsense itself doesn't operate this way, which is how they also get paid and the funds were not theirs to begin with.

If you losers think I'm going to walk away from this that's funny. I will put off legal action to a last resort as you have clearly set your "business" up in a way to distance yourselves as far away as possible in an effort to get away with your scams but what I am doing first I am making a website first telling my experience and providing my arguments for 'George' and 'freedom' being thieves and scammers and I'm going to fund the website with $1000 out of my pocket in adwords advertising to start off with. So anytime anyone googles "freedom network" or "freedom mcn" my website "Freedom Network is a SCAM" will come up first. I won't stop until my website comes up 2nd on google only behind yours. I will do $1,000,000 in damage to your brand over my $7,000 that you're trying to steal from me. If you don't want me to make this website and subsequent videos blasting you thieves then PAY UP. My custom ID is below, you know my paypal address.

This is my custom ID: 1686716

Last edited:

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello Alex.

Sorry your experience with the Network wasn't as you had probably hoped it to be, though there's some things I'd like to clarify (I'm not working at F! or getting paid by them).

Firstly, Freedom is legally incorporated in Hong Kong, not the Philippines. Here's details on the company:
Freedom! Family Limited
16/F Rykadan Capital Tower,
135 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
Hong Kong
https://www.freedom.tm

Secondly, you won't really get anywhere by filling a lawsuit. The contract you've signed is legally valid and states:

4.2 Payment Terms. For a Talent’s Channel Application and acceptance, the Talent
shall receive an amount equal to the Talent’s Commission, less standard
commission fees for premium advertising or sponsorship campaigns that FDN
may sell on the Talent’s behalf, which it is entitled to receive and retain in any
particular calendar month pursuant to each Talent’s Agreement. As specified in
the Application as accepted by FDN, FDN will pay Talent any fees owed hereunder
within thirty (30) business days following FDN's receipt of payment from
YouTube in connection with the Talent’s Channels. Payments will be made by
cheque, Paypal, wire or any other form at FDN's election to an account that
Talent specifies and may, at FDN's election, be combined with any other
payments that may be owed to Talent. For clarity, a different revenue share may
apply in instances where the Talent’s Channels includes third-party licensed
materials (e.g., cover video). All references herein to dollars will be to United
States dollars.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, FDN will have no obligation to pay any amounts,
and is permitted to deduct or withhold any amounts owed, determined or
reasonably suspected by FDN, in its sole discretion, to have resulted from: (i)
Action Fraud (as defined in the section titled "Action Fraud" below), including
without limitation through any clicks originating from Talent's IP addresses or
computers under Talent's control, solicited by payment of money, false
representation or request for end users to click on Ads, or (ii) fraudulent,
misleading or false activities or activities that FDN or YouTube believe to be
fraudulent or misleading or in violation of either of their respective terms of
service, guidelines, rules, or privacy policies. FDN reserves the right to withhold
or deduct payment, if applicable, pending FDN's reasonable investigation of any
of the foregoing or any breach of this Agreement by Talent.

Therefor they don't have to pay you money from channels violating YouTube's Community Guidelines. As of your idea of making that website, that would probably get you in trouble for slander instead...

Edit: I've added the contract below for future reference.

Attachments

• youtube-freedom-contract.pdf
    202.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GameOnBeast

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2015
Australia
YouTube
Definitely agree with LW001.
Also, it's just your opinion on what you think why George moved to Manila. Like LW said, the firm is based in Hong Kong, whish has a different structure of taxation and it doesn't mean that you can call the decision a move towards scamming.
"Why does "freedom" withhold payments for 60 days? Because they're thieves and they count on this "loophole" of channels being terminated, maybe even assisting in the process and suggesting channels to be terminated so they can keep the money."
You don't know why they have a withhold for that long and hence you can't claim them as thieves.

Reactions: Bill Miller and LW
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
In addition to what has been said above basically you saying that they can either pay up otherwise you will create a website and do 1,000,000 worth of damages to them is slanderous, and malicious in intent and is blackmail fair and simple. As mentioned by LW001 you signed a legally binding contract which outlined what would happen in regards to earnings if your channel is terminated - as such you 'lawyer' can laugh at it all they want its still legally enforceable and a valid contract. Also if YouTube is cracking down on 'controversial content' and terminated your channel because of this then it isn't really Freedom's fault is it?

Upvote 0

The Eternal Dreamers

Founder of the band "the dreamers"
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
www.theetenraldreamersl.com
YouTube
also, with the earnings of terminated channels, they might not have the full earnings that were in your youtube dashboard paid to them from google before your accounts were terminated. Also, you are fully responsible for the content you upload and it is your fault that your channel got terminated. youtube doesn't just go around kicking channels off its platform for no good reason. did you violate copyright laws? did you post content you didn't have 100% of the rights for? you admit the content was "controversial" and if there isn't a valid commentary on it then it could be considered slanderous or hate speech. if you have an issue you can always email support.

Reactions: Bill Miller
Upvote 0

IBYM GAMING

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
England, Birmingham (BHX)
YouTube
You don't seem to say why your channel got terminated. Please explain. I would be astounded if your channel got terminated and you don't have the slightest reason why it might have happened or haven't got any information from youtube.

Upvote 0

OfficialMT22

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 7, 2014
YouTube
TRSoundNation
also, with the earnings of terminated channels, they might not have the full earnings that were in your youtube dashboard paid to them from google before your accounts were terminated. Also, you are fully responsible for the content you upload and it is your fault that your channel got terminated. youtube doesn't just go around kicking channels off its platform for no good reason. did you violate copyright laws? did you post content you didn't have 100% of the rights for? you admit the content was "controversial" and if there isn't a valid commentary on it then it could be considered slanderous or hate speech. if you have an issue you can always email support.
actually youtube does terminate for no reason 3 of my other channels were and one of the channels all i did was go around kicking things and it was called kicking brothers, but thats all im saying about this topic. lol

Upvote 0

The Eternal Dreamers

Founder of the band "the dreamers"
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
www.theetenraldreamersl.com
YouTube
actually youtube does terminate for no reason 3 of my other channels were and one of the channels all I did was go around kicking things and it was called kicking brothers, but that's all i'm saying about this topic. lol

even if they don't tell you, they have a reason for taking down channels. if they were all affiliated with the same adsense account or email, that could also have been a reason why multiple were hit

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.