Network Freedom getting access to Steam Keys!

What do you think?

• Total voters

Crawster

Rising User
Aug 8, 2014
Ireland
twitter.com
YouTube
I personally think that Freedom should try and get us access to Steam Keys for some games. I remember a while back, the game 'Nether' was given out to all of the Freedom community who decided to claim a key. This would be amazing if Steam did this for other games.

It would offer smaller channels with less money the ability to play a variety of free games on their channels! It would help their channel grow by a long shot.

Even if they did a competition of sorts. We could all enter and whoever wins gets a Steam Key for whatever game it is.

I think it would be a really cool thing to do for the smaller channels, and hey, the same goes for the bigger channels too. I mean, who would say "No" to an opportunity where you could win a game for FREE?!

Thanks for reading, have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays:)(y) (Y)

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
I think this is a great idea. Actually, I discovered that some companies are partnering with Freedom! and they actually are giving away some keys for game testing and reviewing. I managed to get two keys for two games I really wanted to test out, and since I never did reviews (and I don't know if it's mandatory to do so or not, since I got the key from Freedom! dashboard - please, some admin answer my question) I wanted to try to do so with these two games. However, my computer seems to be even more slow that I thought to do screen capture and record the gameplay or some images of the games, and I don't know if I'll be able to do my reviews.
But again, if someone knows, please let me know if those video reviews are mandatory and, if yes, how much time do I have to do so. The last thing I want is to be kicked out from the network for getting two keys I wanted and didn't a video-review about them.

Thanks in advance.

Adam Hanson

New User
Feb 9, 2016
Rio Rancho New Mexico
YouTube
i feel like allowing smaller channels to get access to betas steam keys not only allows us to gain exposure and our name out there but it benefits the devs and creators of the games as well the more people you have talking about the game and playing it the more the game gets the buzz input and bug fixes the game may need down the road or may need in patch as a whole

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's an interesting idea, but it would need to be restricted to those who prove themselves valuable enough for Freedom! to get a return on the cost of the key. Not that they want to take all you're money, but that it's a business and they need to make money.

I would restrict it so only those over 1000 views per month. For the sake of the business, as it would still cost money to host.

Adam Hanson

New User
Feb 9, 2016
Rio Rancho New Mexico
YouTube
i have been getting beta keys for years even before i tried to take off solo as an independent channel the cost for keys is free they give you the key for free to promote the game provide bug fixes and test servers thats it if we are talking full game keys than yes there is a cost but a bundle group set of keys for an MCM is not very high in cost cause the company sees the return in play time advertising and overall exposure for the game just like every YouTuber and their mom got five nights at Freddy's for free cause scott wanted more buzz and to patch the bug fixes plus he knew all these people playing it on camera will make him twice as much money just like fnaf world has been played finished and shown to death this also happened with far cry primal and they new rift bomb defuse game its free money to give those keys and get return hardware is another story