Nice

Yes, I Hate You
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2014
1v3.me
YouTube
VeliCore
Hi,
Just woke up a couple of minutes ago and read the message my gf left me earlier and she said she was Copyrighted by Freedom! which was ridiculous since she was out of Freedom! about 3 to 4 days ago. Why would Freedom! claim her own made content? It was just absurd so I'm not sure where to take this yet since it didn't give us any option to dispute it. We are considering FUPA or something depending on the advice of the community.

http://i.imgur.com/jOMVK8f.jpg

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well if your using anything, such as music or content that was given by Freedom, then they can claim the video. I know you said it was her own content, but if you are sure that nothing from Freedom is being used, then you could always file a dispute or speak with support and see if they can sort things out for you

Upvote 0

Nice

Yes, I Hate You
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2014
1v3.me
YouTube
VeliCore
Well if your using anything, such as music or content that was given by Freedom, then they can claim the video. I know you said it was her own content, but if you are sure that nothing from Freedom is being used, then you could always file a dispute or speak with support and see if they can sort things out for you
No, there isn't. Visual content is all hers since it's her doing a makeup tutorial. Music is from "Sing King Karaoke" which she has on that video's description since that's what they said to do. Nothing from Freedom so I don't know why and the worst part is it says "manually detected", from what I understand someone view the video before claiming it which was absurd since there isn't anything from Freedom! there at all. Furthermore, I'm not sure why there's no Dispute button as well on the Copyright page.

We're still waiting for Freedom! or YouTube to get back on us on why this is the case.

Update:
Here's the video that Freedom! claimed by the way if anyone's curious.
**SNIPPED

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
When you say "thats what they said to do"- are you meaning the makers of the song??
I'm not sure if this is going to be any help but I got your more info about how to dispute the claim, if that is the avenue you wish to go down - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797454?hl=en-GB

As for the manually detected, it would appear that someone has watched your video and outlined that something on there is copyrighted to Freedom, I wouldn't be able to say what though, as I'm in the same position as you regarding that. Do you know what type of thing that is coming up as copyright?

Upvote 0

Nice

Yes, I Hate You
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2014
1v3.me
YouTube
VeliCore
When you say "thats what they said to do"- are you meaning the makers of the song??
I'm not sure if this is going to be any help but I got your more info about how to dispute the claim, if that is the avenue you wish to go down - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797454?hl=en-GB

As for the manually detected, it would appear that someone has watched your video and outlined that something on there is copyrighted to Freedom, I wouldn't be able to say what though, as I'm in the same position as you regarding that. Do you know what type of thing that is coming up as copyright?
I know what that is. I'm getting the impression that you didn't even take a look at what I had presented. If you look into the image link I posted on my first post you'll see that there's no 'Dispute Button' which should be, always, there but it isn't. So there's no way to dispute it the normal way.

When I said "that's what they said to do" it's from the owner of the Karaoke Music that she used. If you looked at the video and the description you should have seen that part and saw what I was talking about. I appreciate the help, I do, but if you're ignoring what I'm presenting then it'll be hard for us to communicate.

Again, if you looked at the image I posted on my first post, you'll see that it was 'Audiovisual' content which was absurd since there isn't anything Freedom! related there in anyway. I have to apologize but I'm really quite pissed since we still haven't received any feedback from Freedom! since they're blatantly stealing her own made content and haven't responded yet.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I know what that is. I'm getting the impression that you didn't even take a look at what I had presented. If you look into the image link I posted on my first post you'll see that there's no 'Dispute Button' which should be, always, there but it isn't. So there's no way to dispute it the normal way.

When I said "that's what they said to do" it's from the owner of the Karaoke Music that she used. If you looked at the video and the description you should have seen that part and saw what I was talking about. I appreciate the help, I do, but if you're ignoring what I'm presenting then it'll be hard for us to communicate.

Again, if you looked at the image I posted on my first post, you'll see that it was 'Audiovisual' content which was absurd since there isn't anything Freedom! related there in anyway. I have to apologize but I'm really quite pissed since we still haven't received any feedback from Freedom! since they're blatantly stealing her own made content and haven't responded yet.

I completely understand, my fault on the image I somehow completely missed it, I think I was in such a rush to try and help I must of skimmed past it. Again I am sorry about that. I did watch the video and see the link in the description of the music you used, I just wasn't that sure whether or not you had an agreement with the producer of the music that they wouldn't monetize your video if you put the link in your description. I am sorry that Freedom haven't responded yet, the support does normally take a few days to respond as they deal with issues on a ticket system and work from oldest to newest.

Upvote 0

Nice

Yes, I Hate You
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2014
1v3.me
YouTube
VeliCore
I completely understand, my fault on the image I somehow completely missed it, I think I was in such a rush to try and help I must of skimmed past it. Again I am sorry about that. I did watch the video and see the link in the description of the music you used, I just wasn't that sure whether or not you had an agreement with the producer of the music that they wouldn't monetize your video if you put the link in your description. I am sorry that Freedom haven't responded yet, the support does normally take a few days to respond as they deal with issues on a ticket system and work from oldest to newest.
The link might have been too close to the Signature so you might have missed it. I understand as well. Not really an agreement but the Video link that we put on her description for the music says in the Music's description "If you wish to use our music in your own YouTube videos, all we ask is that you leave a link to our channel and credit to Sing King for the instrumental in your video description. We also love to check out as many fan videos as possible, so feel free to send us a link for your covers :)" so we're clear on that and we would've understand if Sing King was the one doing the claim since it's theirs but for Freedom! to claim that both the Audio and Visual, specially the Visual, that it's theirs is ludicrous.

Problem is, they're monetizing content that isn't theirs so they should reply in earnest.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.