Free video editor that exports in 1080p?

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I am currently using the free version of Lightworks, which is great, it does everything I want it to do, except it doesn't export in 1080p, the free version is limited to 720p, which typically isn't a huge deal for me, but I recorded this awesome video on a recent camping adventure I went on that I want to upload to my channel, and it just looks soooo much better in 1080p. Can anyone recommend a preferably free video editor that will export in 1080p? If there aren't any free ones, do you know one that isn't too expensive?

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hitfilm express and Lightworks
Hitfilm is your best bet. It is really good and jam packed with features for free. It's not just editing software but also VFX software.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Hitfilm express and Lightworks
Hitfilm is your best bet. It is really good and jam packed with features for free. It's not just editing software but also VFX software.

I downloaded Hitfilm and I am going to try that one out. Lightworks is what I am using now, but it doesn't let me export in 1080p, I am limited to 720 because it's the free version. Thanks for your suggestions!

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hitfilm has their own YouTube channel with tutorials to get you started. I personally use Final Cut but I like Hitfilm. It shouldn't take you long to get used to.

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
I downloaded Hitfilm and I am going to try that one out. Lightworks is what I am using now, but it doesn't let me export in 1080p, I am limited to 720 because it's the free version. Thanks for your suggestions!

might be because you have not logged in and activated your license