Fraps Vs. Bandicam

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
So I thogh of posting this thread when I switched from Fraps to Bandicam, I used to use Fraps because bandicam files wouldn't go into Vegas Pro 13 and I recently switched to Bandicam and it seems way better, smoother, more features etc. tell me what you guys think.

Fraps:
Pros: HD, Has benchmarking feature, adds the fps counter in game, Screenshots
Cons: File sizes are massive (1 Hour=300GB), Makes too much different recordings which makes it hard to put in an editing software, Lowers FPS drastically (I get lag in games a lot)

Bandicam:
Pros: Gaming Recording Feature, HD, FPS Counter, Screenshots, FPS limit option (Not necessary), Screen recording mode, Webcam built-in feature

Cons: (Can't think of any)

Reactions: ThisIsIsaac

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So I thogh of posting this thread when I switched from Fraps to Bandicam, I used to use Fraps because bandicam files wouldn't go into Vegas Pro 13 and I recently switched to Bandicam and it seems way better, smoother, more features etc. tell me what you guys think.

Fraps:
Cons: File sizes are massive (1 Hour=300GB), Makes too much different recordings which makes it hard to put in an editing software, Lowers FPS drastically (I get lag in games a lot)

Bandicam:
Pros: Gaming Recording Feature, HD, FPS Counter, Screenshots, FPS limit option (Not necessary), Screen recording mode, Webcam built-in feature

I used bandicam in the past, it had issues where it slowed down recording after a few hours, but it worked in the meantime for me.

MrPenguim

New User
Mar 26, 2016

Fraps:

Bandicam:

i will go with Bandicam

ThisIsIsaac

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube

Fraps:

Bandicam:

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I've had both and right now using bandicam. It seems better than fraps but other people may say differently.

It seems to come down to personal opinion most of time what people recommend. :p

GamerAsh19

Rising User
Mar 22, 2016
Trowbridge - United kingdom
YouTube

Fraps:

Bandicam:

Hello there is it okay if i recommend a different program that is free, Its called shadow play and its what i use to record all my games at 1080p 60fps and it works a dream file sizes are not to big and if they are i use a program called blender which reduces the file size with quality loss. if you need help with it there is a tutorial on my youtube channel or just message me, im here to help

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Hello there is it okay if i recommend a different program that is free, Its called shadow play and its what i use to record all my games at 1080p 60fps and it works a dream file sizes are not to big and if they are i use a program called blender which reduces the file size with quality loss. if you need help with it there is a tutorial on my youtube channel or just message me, im here to help
Yeah I know about shadowplay and I have it but I like using bandicam, just a preference thing I guess but if there's a game that lags too much I use shadowplay thanks anyway

HeatnixB

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Usually Fraps is only for benchmarking every games i have, but when it comes to recording that might be takes so much storage depending which codec you use. On the other hand... I using Bandicam everytime i make gameplay videos up to 60fps (of course MP4 codec for editing later).

Side note : I haven't try "Action!" and it says almost like combination of fraps+bandicam but slightly different interface while framerate is better (up to 120fps). Very neat but i suggest to use "Bandicam".

NightShadow

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Usually Fraps is only for benchmarking every games i have, but when it comes to recording that might be takes so much storage depending which codec you use. On the other hand... I using Bandicam everytime i make gameplay videos up to 60fps (of course MP4 codec for editing later).

Side note : I haven't try "Action!" and it says almost like combination of fraps+bandicam but slightly different interface while framerate is better (up to 120fps). Very neat but i suggest to use "Bandicam".
i have lokked at Action and thats a program you have to pay for and OBS is free :)

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member

Fraps:

Bandicam:

Bandicam is superior in every way. Faster, uses less CPU, smaller file sizes, and really good quality considering it's free. Fraps is just outdated now.