Did you read the part about getting forum Credits from answering news polls?

• Yes I did

Votes: 1,425 46.8%
  • That's the only reason I'm here!

Votes: 393 12.9%
  • No but I'll answer it anyway....

Votes: 1,227 40.3%

• Total voters

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
₡ Freedom! Forum Credits ₡

As I'm sure quite a few of you have noticed, we have introduced Credits to the Freedom! Forums. These are awarded for being active and helpful towards your fellow content creators.

Here is a list of things that will earn you Credits.

Regular Forum Actions
  • Get Follower: 2₡
    Assigns credits when a user get follower​
  • Create New Thread: 6₡
    +0.02 per word up to 200 words
    Promote Yourself and Fun and Games section excluded
  • Create New Thread: 12₡*
    +0.04 per word up to 200 words
    Promote Yourself and Fun and Games section excluded
  • Create New Thread in Promote Yourself: -30₡
  • Freedom! Forums Daily bonus: 5₡
    Assign credits when a user first reads a thread in the forums.
    Once per day​
  • Thread Viewed in the resources and tips section: 0.05₡
    Assigns credits when someone viewing user's thread.​
  • Thread Viewed in the resources and tips section: 0.10₡*
    Assigns credits when someone viewing user's thread.​
  • Vote on Poll in the News and Announcements section: 5₡
    Assigns points to the user after he responded to a poll.​
  • New Post: 3₡
    Excludes fun and games section
  • New Post: 6₡*
    Excludes fun and games section
  • New Post in Community Reviews Section: 5₡
  • New Post in Community Reviews Section: 10₡*
  • New Post in the fun and games section: 2₡
    Only awarded once per day​
  • Receive a Post Like: 2₡
  • Receive a Post Like: 4₡*

Miscellaneous Actions
  • Transfer cost: 0.01₡ + 1%
    Calculate tax and fee when a user transfer credits to other.​
    Assigns credits after user's registration.​
  • Happy Birthday: 10₡
    Assigns credits to user which have birthday (only one time in year when user have his/her birthday). Multiplier is age.​
  • Update Full Profile: 15₡
    Assigns credits when a user has 100% completed his / her profile. Assigns 50% complete with avatar. 50% with about, birthday, gender, hometown (city), occupation and homepage information.​
Some restrictions apply to prevent abuse of the system e.g. time limit between actions and minimum words for the event to occur etc.

*For users with the verified partner badge

But wait, what do you spend them on?
  1. The Freedom Forums Store has now been released! You must have your partner/member badge to access this. You can purchase custom titles, coloured chat, forum profile covers and more. If you have any other ideas what we should sell let us know.

2. New - You can now buy game keys from a selected range!
    See ₡ More things to buy with Credits ₡

3. Credits can be used as a way to tip others for interesting posts, helpful replies or to trade for custom channel banners/thumbnails or anything else you can think of.

4. You can also use credits to post your videos in the Media and Promotion Section of the forums, posting will automatically promote it to the forum chat.

Just note the forum rules still apply! Anyone abusing the system or spamming the forums may have their credits deducted or a warning point applied to their account.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
LW001 has some nice ideas for the credit system, which were : -
  1. Some competitive aspect to it. By that I mean making something like entering a raffle by paying a few credits and having a random winner get them all or something like that.
  2. Fix the statistics page or remove it. It's the same as clicking on the Credits text itself but everything's in tiny scrollbar divider boxes.
  3. Removing the poorest members thing on the credits page. It will just randomly feature inactive members.
  4. Allow for purchasing of *drumroll* clickable links in chat *large moans of audience* for a ton of credits. That'll allow people like me to link people to something when they need help, e.g. a support article or one of my guides. Because currently you can post a juicy support article in chat that someone would need to copy and paste in their URL bar. Ain't nobody gonna do that.
  5. Some frames around your profile picture that look cool, you could buy and that make you look like the rich shmuck you are.
  6. Changing the Credit: ... to Credits: ... on top of the page
  7. Allow for unlocking access to the full list of chat and forum emotes with our favorites Ninja Georgie and Koala. If ya pay.
  8. Give a set amount of credits to someone once they get MOTM.
  9. Bring back the rewards for viewing forums.

HyperLabs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
ItsJackLads
I really like the credit system :) I can see it being really fun and giving ways for the community to put worth into things like their artwork and creations (mainly talking about the ability to sell art for the credits) It would be nice to see some form of advertisement added to the rewards system that maybe helps the content creator get more views overall with the help of freedom endorsing the content. Similar to if you look at damnlag.com they do a premium advertisement option that helps even more compared to their regular advertisement to help others grow but over all a ton of cosmetic options would be really nice. Id like to deck out my profile and make it look nicer and i'm sure a ton of others would like to also.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
CHALLENGE TIME!

I will be watching the statistic total regularly (in my usual hours)
Whoever (Including Forum Team, excluding me) can reach 1,000 Credits first will be granted:

+250
2nd and 3rd to reach this milestone will share:
+100(50₡ each)

Rules:

1) You must follow the forum rules, anybody spamming or abusing this system will have their credits deducted and/or receive a warning point.
2) Casual transfers are allowed, asking for transfers to boost your chances will exempt you from winning this challenge.
3) Use common sense.

Good Luck!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
CHALLENGE TIME!

I will be watching the statistic total regularly (in my usual hours)
Whoever (Including Forum Team, excluding me) can reach 1,000 Credits first will be granted:

+250
2nd and 3rd to reach this milestone will share:
+100(50₡ each)

Rules:

1) You must follow the forum rules, anybody spamming or abusing this system will have their credits deducted and/or receive a warning point.
2) Casual transfers are allowed, asking for transfers to boost your chances will exempt you from winning this challenge.
3) Use common sense.

Good Luck!
Challenge accepted.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'm excited to see how the credits system will spice things up! A definite bonus is that I know we have #FreedomFamily who have great advice to give and will be very helpful, but maybe are usually shy - this could be the perfect nudge to help encourage them to share more! :)
It really does encourage activity!