Other Milestone Five Years On YouTube, and leaving freedom...

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
It's been five years since I started my YouTube channel and uploaded my first truly awful Minecraft video. In that time I've filmed from age 12 myself growing as a person, going through different phases and trying new kinds of content (as well as taking one or two substantial breaks that caused hundreds of people to unsubscribe...) Todays video on me going through all my old videos was a blast and an awesome way to remember all the awesome things I've done on YouTube. From gaming to reviews to writing tips to comedy. I've had the opportunity to try so many different styles of entertainment. With Podcasts, I've been able to interview some truly inspiring authors, scientists, organisations and charity workers. It's lead me to job opportunities and helped me develop skills I've later used to advance myself and my career. YouTube has been wonderful and I have no intention of giving up anytime soon.

In three days, YouTube will kick me from their partner program and by extension, I will be forced to leave Freedom! Freedom! has been a massive part of my YouTube career. The massive support from forum members when I first joined was where my first real channel growth came from. I remember back then when everyone knew everyone and it really felt like an awesome community. I won a few rewards including a £60 gamdias keyboard, my videos were showcased on the networks channel three times and Forum mods featured me in their series! The benefits that came with freedom! where one of the main things that helped me turn my honestly pathetic channel into something worthwhile. So I guess on this day where I celebrate all my years on YouTube, I'll also remember all the awesome times I had with Freedom! and maybe one day if enough success comes my way, ill sign right back up.

Reactions: LW

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Such a shame how many people are being kicked out of the Network, at least you're not giving up! I hope you'll be able to come back. Will you stick around the Forums?

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Such a shame how many people are being kicked out of the Network, at least you're not giving up! I hope you'll be able to come back. Will you stick around the Forums?
I'll be as active on the forums as I have been the last few months. I used to post around 100 messages a day on here about two years back but the forums a lot quieter these days, which is a huge shame.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It is a shame that with so many people having fondness and memories of joining / growing with Freedom that they are forced to remove people due to the new network requirements.