Malcolm Leonard

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
Orlando Fl
www.youtube.com
YouTube
mwiz123
So This Month is April, and I've been participating in VEDA, it's day 5 and this is my progress... Down one subscriber. I've been at 74 for about 3 months, I've been doing YouTube for 2 years... Every time I get 1 subscriber I feel amazing, and every time i lose one it kills. My Best Friend says not to worry about the numbers and it's true. But after 2 years and $1000's invested and nothing to show for it, it's draining my motivation . I believe I make interesting content but my view counts doesn't agree. Any ways you guys keep motivated. I'm losing mine and fast. I know I can become big, it's just this road is long and I'm not seeing the light at the end of this Very long tunnel... image.png

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So This Month is April, and I've been participating in VEDA, it's day 5 and this is my progress... Down one subscriber. I've been at 74 for about 3 months, I've been doing YouTube for 2 years... Every time I get 1 subscriber I feel amazing, and every time i lose one it kills. My Best Friend says not to worry about the numbers and it's true. But after 2 years and $1000's invested and nothing to show for it, it's draining my motivation . I believe I make interesting content but my view counts doesn't agree. Any ways you guys keep motivated. I'm losing mine and fast. I know I can become big, it's just this road is long and I'm not seeing the light at the end of this Very long tunnel... View attachment 14795
My motivation isn't looking at the sub count anymore, or the views. I'm generally just interested in sharing content that gets people to talk about it with me. Talking to people/responding to comments is my motivation, and when I'm not uploading new content, I just focus on everyone else. It can be consuming if you focus on the sub count.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
So This Month is April, and I've been participating in VEDA, it's day 5 and this is my progress... Down one subscriber. I've been at 74 for about 3 months, I've been doing YouTube for 2 years... Every time I get 1 subscriber I feel amazing, and every time i lose one it kills. My Best Friend says not to worry about the numbers and it's true. But after 2 years and $1000's invested and nothing to show for it, it's draining my motivation . I believe I make interesting content but my view counts doesn't agree. Any ways you guys keep motivated. I'm losing mine and fast. I know I can become big, it's just this road is long and I'm not seeing the light at the end of this Very long tunnel... View attachment 14795

It's a Marathon, not a sprint. If you live and die by the numbers it will become pretty hard to be motivated. It's cliche and cheesy but do what you love and the rest will come. You should try setting realistic goals and use your analytics to see /why/ you lost that subscriber. Was it an account erasure due to inactivity? did they leave your main page? A specific video? You can definetly look into it.

1-Bit

Rising User
May 1, 2014
Toronto, Canada
YouTube

You should look at it at another perspective to help you out a bit. Even though you think nothing much is happening, it's a great time to think about what you can improve to make your content better than the last time. You gotta think of how you can move even farther than where you are right now. Don't think about subscriber counts, or view counts right now. They will come. You really just have to push yourself.

I've seen some of your videos, and your content is great. But always push yourself to be better than last time. Don't think about subscribers, and views count. It will destroy your motivation. Keep on making, and sharing your videos. They will come.

Reactions: Malcolm Leonard

Malcolm Leonard

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
Orlando Fl
www.youtube.com
YouTube
mwiz123
My motivation isn't looking at the sub count anymore, or the views. I'm generally just interested in sharing content that gets people to talk about it with me. Talking to people/responding to comments is my motivation, and when I'm not uploading new content, I just focus on everyone else. It can be consuming if you focus on the sub count.
I ask people to comment and I get "Subscribe to me" comments

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I ask people to comment and I get "Subscribe to me" comments
Yeah, people tend to comment when they have a reason to. Sometimes asking viewer questions can help, or have content that people can talk about. Youtube comments are getting harder to get noticed for, since not many people like using them as often. Try to figure out some motivation, or work with people that get you pumped up every day ^^

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Trying to making a gaming channel doing lets plays can be rough, you need to make you channel better than those already out there. Why will people watch your channel instead of PewDiePie, you're not up against smaller youtube channels you are up against everyone that does gaming.

This doesn't mean give up though, keep trying new things and learn from what works and what doesn't.

Reactions: Malcolm Leonard

Malcolm Leonard

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
Orlando Fl
www.youtube.com
YouTube
mwiz123
You should look at it at another perspective to help you out a bit. Even though you think nothing much is happening, it's a great time to think about what you can improve to make your content better than the last time. You gotta think of how you can move even farther than where you are right now. Don't think about subscriber counts, or view counts right now. They will come. You really just have to push yourself.

I've seen some of your videos, and your content is great. But always push yourself to be better than last time. Don't think about subscribers, and views count. It will destroy your motivation. Keep on making, and sharing your videos. They will come.
Trying to making a gaming channel doing lets plays can be rough, you need to make you channel better than those already out there. Why will people watch your channel instead of PewDiePie, you're not up against smaller youtube channels you are up against everyone that does gaming.

This doesn't mean give up though, keep trying new things and learn from what works and what doesn't.

This is a new perspective, thanks

Reactions: 1-Bit