(Feedback appreciated) Channel Banner Art - Locked On.. Whoops

D

Deleted member 86350

Yea, I know I name my design. It's a habit ;). Usually, I would end the thread here but hey.. keep reading, buddy :) jk Anyways, I tried to make my 2nd banner art like 3 times cuz I keep messing up the resolution and everything just went kaboom-y. Truth is I didn't even know there was a banner art template that shows ALL the device resolutions that I need to know. When I found out about it, I was like "Wow.. just ... wow" .I don't know why I wanted to tell you guys that but hey, I'm gonna stick with it.

Tell me what I should add to give it more of a "BOOM! NOW THAT'S A BANNER ART" feel. Like maybe I should add a shadow to the guy that's right next to the bloody thumbs up button. Etc. Feedback is really really much appreciated! :D

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
It's a really nice simplistic design, but I can tell that that blood splatter hasnt been cropped correctly. Try to make the background of it transparent or find one that does have a transparent background that way the grey gradient you have will actually show, rather than a cropped line.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yea, I know I name my design. It's a habit ;). Usually, I would end the thread here but hey.. keep reading, buddy :) jk Anyways, I tried to make my 2nd banner art like 3 times cuz I keep messing up the resolution and everything just went kaboom-y. Truth is I didn't even know there was a banner art template that shows ALL the device resolutions that I need to know. When I found out about it, I was like "Wow.. just ... wow" .I don't know why I wanted to tell you guys that but hey, I'm gonna stick with it.

Tell me what I should add to give it more of a "BOOM! NOW THAT'S A BANNER ART" feel. Like maybe I should add a shadow to the guy that's right next to the bloody thumbs up button. Etc. Feedback is really really much appreciated! :D

The background seems a little bare. Have you considered adding more scenery? This is only personal preference really ^^

D

Deleted member 86350

The background seems a little bare. Have you considered adding more scenery? This is only personal preference really ^^
Well, the thing is, I often overcomplicate things and mess up so I was going for a more simple design a bit like this one but I was like, meh more blood, more drool, more shadows. Maybe a drool reflection? XD

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Well, the thing is, I often overcomplicate things and mess up so I was going for a more simple design such this one but I was like, meh more blood, more drool, more shadows. Maybe a drool reflection? XD
Hah, adding a few more touch-ups, and then you end up painting the Mona Lisa :p I understand your perspective. This picture was a mixture of simple, and then complex with everything else going on :p

D

Deleted member 86350

It's a really nice simplistic design, but I can tell that that blood splatter hasnt been cropped correctly. Try to make the background of it transparent or find one that does have a transparent background that way the grey gradient you have will actually show, rather than a cropped line.
The image actually came with a transparent background when I first downloaded it. Which blood splatter are you talking about?

D

Deleted member 86350

Hah, adding a few more touch-ups, and then you end up painting the Mona Lisa :p I understand your perspective. This picture was a mixture of simple, and then complex with everything else going on :p
EXACTLY ;)