Farewell Freedom!

I

iHaresh

Freedom Drops Me
I thought that I would share my story before I leave. While looking for a youtube network I stumbled across Freedom! There were so many negative reviews on the internet but some how I had faith in this network. I have been apart of Freedom for the past 5 months! My first two months in freedom were amazing! This month I pulled in highest amount of subs, views and earnings that my channel has ever seen! This Friday I logged into youtube and my channel was unlinked from the Freedom Network. I was not apart of any sub-network, I had no copyright claims, My channel was flawless. I tried contacting Freedom, George, and I even created a ticket and have not received any reply...its been over 3 business days. It's crazy how I spoke to another network and received a reply but my OWN NETWORK couldn't resolve my issue.

Earnings
During the past two months I have also been robbed of my earnings.
They just seem to be non existent some how...
I created a ticket for that and received no type of help!!!!
Where are my earnings?
I have come to realize that Freedom helps very little but takes a 40% revenue cut but for what?
I have signed with a new Network where is a 70/30 split.

The Freedom
Forums

The Freedom Forums are filled with money hungry graphic designers and shameless plugs.
I tried working with several graphic designers and honestly I have no issue paying for gfx's. I understand everyone is out here trying to make a living or some spare cash. I made a post asking for a Overlay and someone PM'd me and told me "Prices are Negotiable" by negotiable I had no Idea $20 was negotiable? I would rather turn to Fiverr and pay $5. Half of these designers use TEMPLATES found directly on youtube just search "template psd " on youtube.

The Freedom Forum Moderators are all a**holes.
They help with very little. Just scan quickly through posts and you'll notice if anyone has a issue they refer everyone to open a ticket. @Koala_Steamed is the most helpful person on this site.
Everyone else tells you
"Support is handled by @FreedomFAQ on Twitter or by opening a ticket at Freedom.Desk.com"
Then why have moderators at all if they can't help with anything? LOL

The Freedom Family is what makes this place amazing. I thank Freedom for all my channel growth. However, this place is very unprofessional. I know I'm probably going to receive a lot of hate for this post or my post might get taken down but I just had to share my experience. Freedom is a great stepping stone for youtube but is not a place to stay forever. *I warn you all*
Best of luck Freedom Family! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Ghost

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
The Freedom Forum Moderators are all a**holes.
They help with very little. Just scan quickly through posts and you'll notice if anyone has a issue they refer everyone to open a ticket. @Koala_Steamed is the most helpful person on this site.
Everyone else tells you
"Support is handled by @FreedomFAQ on Twitter or by opening a ticket at Freedom.Desk.com"
Then why have moderators at all if they can't help with anything? LOL

Just a note on this bit, we are exactly that "Moderators" not support staff. When people ask a forum moderator to send them their invite or to check their earnings what else can we do but point them in the direction of the support staff? We work on the forums not the network back end :)

And yes, @Koala_Steamed is a helpful person, but so are the rest of us, as that is what we are here for :)

I wish you the best of luck with your future.

The Ghost

Rising User
Jun 15, 2016
YouTube
I dropped a sub. I'm sorry to hear you got dropped for no reason :( . But I do agree with you about the forums I joined the freedom forum today and I did take a look around. I know exactly what you are talking about with these mods and designers. :confused: took a look at some of their previous posts, they act very childish and don't seem to prove to be helpful. Thanks for sharing the experience and best of luck to you! Can I ask what network you have joined?

Last edited:
Reactions: iHaresh

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Sorry to hear you are leaving :( The money you have earned should still stay with your freedom account, it will just take a while for it to update on your Freedom dashboard. You will still have access to your dashboard while not partnered with Freedom. If it doesn't come through let me know (May earning will be at the end of June).

Just note that the support forums are for the community to help out, it's not the moderators duty to answer all questions there. Moderators don't have support training but we help out where we can, message any of the others and I'm sure they would be happy to help out though.

Sorry support has been slow though, Freedom used to have 48 hour response time, but a lot of the old support team left and they are training new staff at the moment. Hopefully it will be back to normal soon :(

Good luck with your next network! Hope your channel continues to grow and feel free to stop in the forums at any time :)

Reactions: iHaresh

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Getting unlinked from Freedom! has happened to a couple of other Freedom! members as well, based on the comments I read on George's videos. I believe they've all been told to contact Freedom! Support.

Freedom! Support can take some time to reply. I guess they're backed up. I raised a Support ticket for a family member's channel recently, and Support Staff replied about 6-7 days later. That happens, but they do reply.

As for earnings, you mentioned your channel was unlinked. George mentioned in one of his videos recently that when you unlink from a network (which seems to have happened accidentally in your case) for some reason, your YouTube Analytics get reset. So you may not see the earnings there. But have you checked your Freedom! Dashboard to see if the earnings are there? The accurate figures should show up at the end of the month.

As for Revenue Share, here's the Support Article that talks about increasing your Revenue Share:
"Freedom! offers revenue shares from 60% to 95%. If you have been at your current revenue share level for many months and your monthly views have grown substantially, please create a support ticket with ticket type = Revenue Share Increase, and make sure to send us a screenshot of your channel analytics (filter on Last 30 days). Our team will review your channel history and growth, and discuss with you the revenue share qualification."

As for the Graphic Designers, Freedom! recently started providing free Graphics and Graphics Templates created by the community. And the list seems to be growing. I hope I'm not mistaken, but I don't remember money ever being mentioned there. Sucks that you've had a bad experience with Graphic Designers on the forum.

The Moderators do exactly what they are supposed to do, and then some. They are supposed to moderate, which they do, and if there is any info that they can provide, they provide it. Atleast that's what I've seen during my time at the forums. Support is not their work, which is why they refer you to Freedom! Support if your query is Support related.

Best of luck for the future.
Hope the network you are joining provides you with a better experience.
Peace.

Reactions: Gazarhya

Malousak

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
YouTube
Malousak
Getting unlinked from Freedom! has happened to a couple of other Freedom! members as well, based on the comments I read on George's videos. I believe they've all been told to contact Freedom! Support.

Freedom! Support can take some time to reply. I guess they're backed up. I raised a Support ticket for a family member's channel recently, and Support Staff replied about 6-7 days later. That happens, but they do reply.

As for earnings, you mentioned your channel was unlinked. George mentioned in one of his videos recently that when you unlink from a network (which seems to have happened accidentally in your case) for some reason, your YouTube Analytics get reset. So you may not see the earnings there. But have you checked your Freedom! Dashboard to see if the earnings are there? The accurate figures should show up at the end of the month.

As for Revenue Share, here's the Support Article that talks about increasing your Revenue Share:
"Freedom! offers revenue shares from 60% to 95%. If you have been at your current revenue share level for many months and your monthly views have grown substantially, please create a support ticket with ticket type = Revenue Share Increase, and make sure to send us a screenshot of your channel analytics (filter on Last 30 days). Our team will review your channel history and growth, and discuss with you the revenue share qualification."

As for the Graphic Designers, Freedom! recently started providing free Graphics and Graphics Templates created by the community. And the list seems to be growing. I hope I'm not mistaken, but I don't remember money ever being mentioned there. Sucks that you've had a bad experience with Graphic Designers on the forum.

The Moderators do exactly what they are supposed to do, and then some. They are supposed to moderate, which they do, and if there is any info that they can provide, they provide it. Atleast that's what I've seen during my time at the forums. Support is not their work, which is why they refer you to Freedom! Support if your query is Support related.

Best of luck for the future.
Hope the network you are joining provides you with a better experience.
Peace.

I agree somehow. The moderators here did their job and the graphic designers who ask for money here are regular Freedom! partners like most of us here. The staff here are not at fault. I still wish him the best of luck, though.