Every channel losing Subscribers

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The people who are moved by this are the same people who quantify subscribers, the same kind that don't think of a subscriber as an individual who clicks that button.
Everyone knows subscriber counts are useless and view counts (via returning subscribers) are the most important thing out there.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
EVERY CHANNEL Losing Subscribers,Don't worry, everyone, YouTube is just doing a subscriber clean up. Periodically, YouTube will delete inactive accounts to keep the analytics more accurate.
I lost over 900 subs in one day :(
It's nothing to worry about personally. Your current viewers are here to stay still! I feel like keeping track of subs is harder with the amount of people misusing it lately. Checking your views on videos is more consistent.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hey guys, don't worry. It's not every channel. I'm here to explain the full process and why there doing this.
YouTube has recently launched a new terms of service that cracks down on channels and their subscribers, viewers and many other YouTube factors. Every few years YouTube does a big cleanup and audit removing inactive channels just like Google deletes inactive google accounts (YouTube is owned by Google). They are also removing or terminating channels that don't abide the terms of service but this can be done at any time. So if anyone here bots, buys or does sub for sub, STOP. Your at risk of having your channel terminated. This follows on with the whole subnetwork termination. Over the years YouTube has gotten stricter, and while we may not have a fully customisable experience or as much freedom as before its for our own good and the good of others. I hope this post has helped you understand what is going on, if there's any questions you may have feel free to leave them below or start a conversation with me.

Here is the YouTube terms of service:
https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=AU&template=terms
NOTE: They are the Australian terms of service please switch it to your country.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
900?..... wow.... we are here for you man!... and I also watched you channel and it wil be better if you use a edit software like videopad or sony vegas. also try to be creative with your commentary in video's and more enthusiastic. also try to make a video without that much background noises. and try to be more creative with your channel trailer and banners background as wel. and one more thing: make thumbnails for each video you upload. but that's all. what you're doing in video's is pretty good

Reactions: Vapo Monkey

Spud

Respected User
Jun 11, 2016
England
YouTube
TheWonderSpud
It is nothing to worry about. If anything, it's getting rid of people that weren't even there in the first place. However, it's just the drop in numbers and seeing that you have less and you're further away from your goal that can affect people. It annoyed me at first when I lost 20 of my subscribers, but I thought abouyt it and I don't mind anymore, really. (y) (Y)

Vapo Monkey

Respected User
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
900?..... wow.... we are here for you man!... and I also watched you channel and it wil be better if you use a edit software like videopad or sony vegas. also try to be creative with your commentary in video's and more enthusiastic. also try to make a video without that much background noises. and try to be more creative with your channel trailer and banners background as wel. and one more thing: make thumbnails for each video you upload. but that's all. what you're doing in video's is pretty good
Edit is my nightmare :D i have no skills of editing, thanks for tips, i try my best ;) Btw your channel looks great :)

Reactions: ekloo

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Edit is my nightmare :D i have no skills of editing, thanks for tips, i try my best ;) Btw your channel looks great :)

how to edit better is simple. just look around and do some random stuff and see what happens and then you know a lot and you can do a lot then ;)
and thanks bro! and subscribe if you like it :p

Vapo Monkey

Respected User
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Already subbed to you, i only editing once before in my hole life, but today i upload new edited video. If you review that i would be glad

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
These things will happen more in the future but see it is a positive thing, what is huge number of subs when no one watches your content?

I lost 24 subscribers in the purge wich in my case is not much. Youtube channels who bought subs and all are the ones that are hit hard by things like this :p

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I lost 49 of my subscribers but I actually like how they're doing this, it's beneficial for YouTube channels because it gets rid of some of the inactive accounts, don't worry about your subscriber count too much though because it will just end up hurting your channel in the end

HardCapGaming

New User
Freedom! Member
Jul 4, 2016
YouTube
"Hey guys, don't worry. It's not every channel. I'm here to explain the full process and why there doing this.
YouTube has recently launched a new terms of service that cracks down on channels and their subscribers, viewers and many other YouTube factors. Every few years YouTube does a big cleanup and audit removing inactive channels just like Google deletes inactive google accounts (YouTube is owned by Google)."
I lost two thirds of my subscribers (192) but they appeared to be unsubscribed and not closed accounts. So its not that they closed 192 accounts, they just removed the subs... Also, my channel is 3 months old, how can people that subscribed to my channel be considered inactive after that a short period of time?