the7thdarkness

Rising User
Apr 2, 2016
South Carolina
YouTube
I'm using the Elgato Game Capture HD to record footage off of my Nintendo GameCube. Problem is, the footage comes out noticeably blurry. It doesn't matter if I use the composite adapter or component one, the video still comes out blurry. I don't have this issue when recording Wii U or Xbox One (through HDMI), as footage from those consoles come out clear. I heard that using a Wii would clear up the issue because you could connect it using the component cables, as opposed to using composite (which comes with the GameCube). However, I don't have a Wii currently and buying a used one would be a last resort option. Any ideas on how to fix this?

PS: I'm using version 3.20.5 of the Elgato Game Capture HD software. I'm running on an i7-4510U CPU @2.00-2.60GHz with 8GB of RAM on a 64-bit Windows 10 system. Also I have an NVidia GeForce 820M video card.

TheGenXGamer

Rising User
Apr 20, 2016
YouTube
I myself used to record Wii gameplay, and I used the Roxio Game Capture capture card. IT worked really well, although I used component cables. But maybe you could look into seeing if that capture card works with GameCube? I'm sorry I have never tried using the Elgato with that setup before.

the7thdarkness

Rising User
Apr 2, 2016
South Carolina
YouTube
I myself used to record Wii gameplay, and I used the Roxio Game Capture capture card. IT worked really well, although I used component cables. But maybe you could look into seeing if that capture card works with GameCube? I'm sorry I have never tried using the Elgato with that setup before.
The capture card works with GameCube, but the GameCube runs off of composite cables (Red/White/Yellow). The Wii primarily runs off of composite cables, but you can also get component cables (Red/Green/Blue/Red/White) for it, which I have. I ended up getting a Wii and sure enough, the component cables cleared the issue up. It wasn't horribly blurry to begin with (when using the composite cables), but when stretching some games to widescreen turned them pixely. With component cables, I get a much clearer image. But thanks for trying to help lol

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
That's a bit odd....Before buying anything I would unistall the software and reinstall it just to be safe. I was having a major issue with Elgato myself, and reinstalling the software fixed all of my problems.

the7thdarkness

Rising User
Apr 2, 2016
South Carolina
YouTube
That's a bit odd....Before buying anything I would unistall the software and reinstall it just to be safe. I was having a major issue with Elgato myself, and reinstalling the software fixed all of my problems.
I actually just updated the software not too long ago, and testing my theory on using component cables with a Wii actually does resolve the issue. It wasn't incredibly blurry to begin with, but upscaling it to 16:9 fullscreen (because the game is made in progressive widescreen) in editing made it look horrible. The component cables seemed to have cleared up the issue.