Showdawee Tv

Whats good Freedom Fam!

I have been experiencing some issues with my Elgato capture card software from time to time, and my most current issue is the Chat Link which they just released within the past six months.

Here is the link to show you guys what it is
https://www.elgato.com/en/chat-link-simple-party-chat-solution

Im just seeing if you guys have come across any issues or problems with the Elgato software or the new Chat Link.

I was unable to get the party chat to work correctly to record my friends commentary during our gameplay and just want to see if anyone has any tips or things that can fix that issue.

Hopefully someone has experienced the same issues as me and can help me out.

SergeantBallz

Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
YouTube
You know since they just recently released it there could potentially be some issues. You should defenetly email their customer support to see if they can do something. I supouse the party chat is online? Could it be that once you start your connection slowls, causing it crash? Those are just some thoughs I had in mind.

Reactions: Showdawee Tv

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
Do you have to use the converter for the Xbox to fit them? I had an issue with them because of that. A work around that I have found is if you have a second controller to sign in as a guest on it and join the party, then mute yourself to avoid echo. The guest that is signed in will allow the party chat to play through the television as long is there is no mic plugged up to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1453157616][/DOUBLEPOST]I've contacted them about mine. I was usingredients a 3.5 to 2.5 mm jack to fit my Astros, but it didn't work properly (the chat link is not 2.5mm native). They told me to try it with another pair of headphones, but I don't have another pair. I have been doing what I said above to record party chat.

SergeantBallz

Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
YouTube
Do you have to use the converter for the Xbox to fit them? I had an issue with them because of that. A work around that I have found is if you have a second controller to sign in as a guest on it and join the party, then mute yourself to avoid echo. The guest that is signed in will allow the party chat to play through the television as long is there is no mic plugged up to it.
That could actually be the issue. Im not really good with xbox stuff since I never had one. (Im more od a PS4 guy) But this seems like it could be the problem. Could he like try not using the converter?

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
That could actually be the issue. Im not really good with xbox stuff since I never had one. (Im more od a PS4 guy) But this seems like it could be the problem. Could he like try not using the converter?
It depends on what controller he has. The old controllers used a form of USB as opposed to a 3.5 mm input. The newer ones he would not have to use the converter.

Showdawee Tv

Thanks both of you guys for your great input, they have not responded yet but a buddy on twitter told me to look into the settings on the elgato hd itself i found out that the decible bar was way low on the picture i attached. So i increased it and it started working perfectly. I do have to adjust the level of volume decrease when i speak so that it does not lower my party chat volume but besides that it does work like a dream. The Chat link they sent me works well and they also included a extra adapter for 2.5mm jack in case you have that as well, but i did realize it does have to be an actual gaming headset not beats by dre or apple ear buds so make sure you are not trying to use those. I do hear that the extra controller work around works wonders on the ps4 but i have not tried it on the xbox. Hopefully it can help you out man, lastly there customer service line is horrible i reached out to them 4 times on twitter and email but no response thank god for twitter followers!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: SergeantBallz

SergeantBallz

Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
YouTube
Im
Thanks both of you guys for your great input, they have not responded yet but a buddy on twitter told me to look into the settings on the elgato hd itself i found out that the decible bar was way low on the picture i attached. So i increased it and it started working perfectly. I do have to adjust the level of volume decrease when i speak so that it does not lower my party chat volume but besides that it does work like a dream. The Chat link they sent me works well and they also included a extra adapter for 2.5mm jack in case you have that as well, but i did realize it does have to be an actual gaming headset not beats by dre or apple ear buds so make sure you are not trying to use those. I do hear that the extra controller work around works wonders on the ps4 but i have not tried it on the xbox. Hopefully it can help you out man, lastly there customer service line is horrible i reached out to them 4 times on twitter and email but no response thank god for twitter followers!
Im glad you fixed it dude! Ps4 sometimes has the same problem when it comes to headset. I use gmb headphones and they work like a charm on every device except ps4 so I have to use my other beatz headphones that are working perfectly with ps4.

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
I'll have to check mine out. My issue was that the party could hear me, but I couldn't hear them. It was so messed up. Contacted customer service and spoke to 2 or 3 different people, all saying the same thing and not giving a real answer then they flat out stopped responding.