Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi Freedom Family,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I hope you can gain valuable advice for your videos.

One key element to making entertaining videos is your video structure. You hear a lot about this on the George show and freedom central but a lot of people don't take this into account.

Today I would like to share with you, my thoughts on an effective video structure.

This first point is vital in channel trailers and equally as important in all your videos. You should be aiming to hook the viewers in the first 10 seconds, even less. What I reccomend you do for your channel trailer is introduce who you are and what your channel is about, but before all that you should tell viewers why they should subscribe.
In any regular video you should have a short clip that will grab viewers attention then your bumper/intro which I reccomend to be about 5 seconds long.
Your video should then go onto the mainstream topic which is the main part of your video.
At the end of your video you should ask your viewers to subscribe and give them a reason to. Such as: subscribe for more gaming videos.
At the end of your video you should also feature a couple of your other videos and use annotation links to let your viewers click on those videos and watch them.
During your video, I'd reccomend using cards to direct your viewers to related videos and to interact with them via a poll.

If none of what I just said makes sense, check out this script/timeline below:

Welcome your viewers, hook them with the topic of your video and a reason of why they should stay tuned.

Have a short bumper/intro

Your main video (try and interact with your viewers along the way using cards, polls and asking them to comment)

Ask your viewers to subscribe giving them a reason why

Your end cards and related videos (this is what you see at the end of a video, usually with a link to the previous video)

Freedom provides a media kit which all partners can use to add freedom logos to your video, there are also free end card templates provided in the pack. Here's a link:

http://freedom2.support.tm/customer/en/portal/articles/2214830-does-freedom-have-a-branding-kit-

--------

Thanks for your time, I know this was confusing but I was just trying to give some tips on an effective video structure.
If anything is unclear feel free to ask questions below and I will do my best to answer them!

All the best,
Showcase one media team