DS/3DS

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
Hey everyone,

Recently my housemate has been showing some interest in starting a YT and she asked me a question that i just could not answer.

Is there a way to record gameplay from a DS or 3DS?

and because i don't use either ds or 3ds i just didnt know how to answer as i said... I use elgato to record my videos, can the elagto be used?

Is there anyone here that does do DS/3DS videos that could tell me what you use to record that would be awesome.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You cannot record directly from the device, but it is possible to record from an emulator. No working emulators currently exist for the 3DS, there are ones that claim they work, but they're either buggy messes, or viruses.

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
You cannot record directly from the device, but it is possible to record from an emulator. No working emulators currently exist for the 3DS, there are ones that claim they work, but they're either buggy messes, or viruses.

Cool thanks mate, i had a feeling that it would have to be an emulator situation.. I've seen the "3DS Emulators" around while searching but was never too sure about them...

Well i'll get a DS emulator and see how my housemate gets on with that. Thanks Alot for your advice

karlsanada13

Respected User
Hey everyone,

Recently my housemate has been showing some interest in starting a YT and she asked me a question that i just could not answer.

Is there a way to record gameplay from a DS or 3DS?

and because i don't use either ds or 3ds i just didnt know how to answer as i said... I use elgato to record my videos, can the elagto be used?

Is there anyone here that does do DS/3DS videos that could tell me what you use to record that would be awesome.

There are capture cards that cost around $300, and you cannot even monetize your videos since it is nintendo haha

Reactions: Bee

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
A capture card can be bought for around $300 (£194) well that being the price i think i will suggest just an emulator lol.. :D

When it comes to monetizing i know that nintendo have their own policy when it comes to that and also have heard that it is an absolute nightmare, i've mentioned this to my housemate when she was talking to me about doing it and her reaction was "Meh... I just wanna play the games making money of it isnt everything"

What i thought is a great view when it comes to yt.. although i have also mentioned that if she does set up a channel that any nintendo game will not only not be able to monetize but it might get "hit" with copyright...

She seems really interested in starting up and i dont want to discorage her to do so and after discussing everything about monetizing and stuff when it comes to nintendo and letting her see the suggestions/comments on this thread she still seems interested even if it wont be able to be nintendo (when it comes to monetizing).

Thanks to everyone for replying

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
If you're gonna do 3DS/DS games for them to start out, I recommend looking up Nintendo's WhiteList. Just google it. It's basically Nintendo games that they sanction for the sake of recording (It's hilarious that they get so mad about their games, because honestly it's us Youtubers that end up making people want their games anyway. Case and Point, I used to have a highly successful Pokemon Channel that got destroyed basically when Nintendo started their claim system.) Most of the time though, Video game companies claim only the audio, and cutscenes. If you get rid of that, you can upload. It's not like some Nintendo rep is sitting there waiting to check every video.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
I bought my 3DS Capture Card with this - http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/21 ,
But keep in mind it is expensive and it is like buying a PS4 or an Xbox One. Also, it will take a
few months before you can get yours. Also, you can pay $40 to expedite your order.But it only takes
a month off.

I also bought a PS Vita capture card on that site, but its over 2 months now. I even paid $40 additional
to ship to me faster.

And lastly, be sure you will buy a 3DS that works on your Region. Because Nintendo made sure, 3DS will be
region locked. So you can't play other games outside your region. Also, you can still play NDS games with your 3DS.