YouTube drop in ads? **Solved**

Howto101

Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
Is anyone else seen a drop in ads? i recently hit 10,000 lifetime views and finally was able to receive ads... but after about a few days if that they stopped putting ads on my videos...has anyone experienced anything like this or know why this may be happening?
(i'm at about 10,500 views now if that helps at all)

****This is solved! The monetized icon was unchecked, I think this happen when youtube updated.*****
Thank you for all your input!

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ads can be dependent on several things, as for seeing an drop in ads I don't think you can really say that with any certainty after only being over the review period by 500 views. As long as your video is deemed to be available for advertisements and you have enable this on the video then these will show.

One thing to note is you may not see as many advertisements due to things such as those advertisers not wishing to show ads on that type of content, it could be certain advertisers may have pulled out or no longer showing ads on YouTube, could be due to adblockers being used etc etc

Reactions: DigitalDollyEh

Louisse Subido

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2017
Philippines
YouTube
direklousubido
there is a lot of questions about it recently, but the answers are most likely. Your content ain't family friendly, Your content might have a copyright strike, or you are doing some pay per views or using traffic exchange websites.,

Reactions: Howto101

Howto101

Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
there is a lot of questions about it recently, but the answers are most likely. Your content ain't family friendly, Your content might have a copyright strike, or you are doing some pay per views or using traffic exchange websites.,
thanks for the response, but my videos qualify for being acceptable as i use no copyrighted content in my videos and they are how to videos so they are super family friendly, and not paying per views either just posting and letting people see if on their own.[DOUBLEPOST=1511294444][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ads can be dependent on several things, as for seeing an drop in ads I don't think you can really say that with any certainty after only being over the review period by 500 views. As long as your video is deemed to be available for advertisements and you have enable this on the video then these will show.

One thing to note is you may not see as many advertisements due to things such as those advertisers not wishing to show ads on that type of content, it could be certain advertisers may have pulled out or no longer showing ads on YouTube, could be due to adblockers being used etc etc
Sooooo i found out why i wasn't getting ads... for some reason my videos had there monetized section unchecked.. maybe after i hit 10,000 views.. not sure but they are checked now and monetized again :)[DOUBLEPOST=1511294462][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sooooo i found out why i wasn't getting ads... for some reason my videos had there monetized section unchecked.. maybe after i hit 10,000 views.. not sure but they are checked now and monetized again :)

Last edited:

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
also keep in mind not everynation has companies who want to buy ads making you earn less/ no money from certain nations

Howto101

Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
also keep in mind not everynation has companies who want to buy ads making you earn less/ no money from certain nations
i am getting ads again, the monetization got turned off of all my videos i think when they updated youtube... what do you mean certain nations? i live in the US.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
i am getting ads again, the monetization got turned off of all my videos i think when they updated youtube... what do you mean certain nations? i live in the US.
like when a dutch person watches your vid he would normally get a ad fro ma dutch company but if that there was no dutch company that bought advertisement place then nothing is shown and you get no money

Howto101

Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
like when a dutch person watches your vid he would normally get a ad fro ma dutch company but if that there was no dutch company that bought advertisement place then nothing is shown and you get no money
ohhh i gotchaa! i didn't know that! thanks for the info!