Digify

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 20, 2015
Ireland
YouTube
GFXDigi
Hello all!
Has anyone else heard of this ''Doomsday asteroid''?

NASA has confirmed that a massive asteroid will zoom past Earth tomorrow, but reassured the world that it is not a threat.
The space agency has spent the past few months debunking claims that a "doomsday space rock" will wipe out humanity this month.
Now it has confirmed the 270-metre Asteroid 2012 TT5 will speed past the planet tomorrow and insisted our species will live to fight another day

----------------------------------------------------------

Despite NASA's reassuring words, conspiracy theorists claim humanity's final hours could come between 22 and 28 September.
However, Nasa has given us the all-clear.
A spokesperson said: "NASA knows of no asteroid or comet currently on a collision course with Earth, so the probability of a major collision is quite small."
Imaginative conspiracy theorists have also claimed the Large Hadron Collider could attract a giant asteroid towards Earth.
NASA show how it is possible to explore an asteroid or comet
They are worried the particle physics experiment could send out a massive magnetic field that could draw a massive asteroid to the planet with devastating consequences.
Scientists operating the experiment 75 metres under the French-Swiss border near Geneva, Switzerland, insist it is impossible.
But that hasn't stopped doom-monger speculating that a giant asteroid could suddenly appear and spark another Ice Age - or worse.
People have been speculating for years that scientists are dicing with destruction and could potentially create a black hole which swallows up the planet.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/10/world/asteroid-passes-earth/

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Hello all!

NASA has confirmed that a massive asteroid will zoom past Earth tomorrow, but reassured the world that it is not a threat.
The space agency has spent the past few months debunking claims that a "doomsday space rock" will wipe out humanity this month.
Now it has confirmed the 270-metre Asteroid 2012 TT5 will speed past the planet tomorrow and insisted our species will live to fight another day

Despite NASA's reassuring words, conspiracy theorists claim humanity's final hours could come between 22 and 28 September.
A spokesperson said: "NASA knows of no asteroid or comet currently on a collision course with Earth, so the probability of a major collision is quite small."
Imaginative conspiracy theorists have also claimed the Large Hadron Collider could attract a giant asteroid towards Earth.
They are worried the particle physics experiment could send out a massive magnetic field that could draw a massive asteroid to the planet with devastating consequences.
Scientists operating the experiment 75 metres under the French-Swiss border near Geneva, Switzerland, insist it is impossible.
But that hasn't stopped doom-monger speculating that a giant asteroid could suddenly appear and spark another Ice Age - or worse.
People have been speculating for years that scientists are dicing with destruction and could potentially create a black hole which swallows up the planet.
I Dont Believe That Too Much

Reactions: Digify

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Hello all!

I didn't hear anything about this, but then again, I don't watch the news often. You should post the source of where you found this information, we can all have a credible discussion about this :)

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I tend to trust in what NASA has to say about these things, more than I do conspiracy theorists because what NASA says is backed by evidence. Conspiracy theorists don't tend to have evidence, or they have "evidence" that is a stretch of the imagination.

Now, this doesn't mean I would believe NASA in blind faith either. If I find at some point that their evidence is lacking, or contradictory ... I may get worried lol.

MW30983

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
YouTube
with a 2% chance of hitting us just calm down lmao also thats not the correct date thats in like the 2020s that is going to hit

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
it missed the earth a few days ago btw and yeah it will come again and then it will be a danger to us. To all who say blast it you are not making the situation better, basically you just turned a focused bom into a fragment grenade.

D

Deleted member 17740

if this were to happen i know where i would be for the first few years: a underground militarily base under the city i reside(same as above ground but light comes from artificial source) where the human race would continue, using geothermal energy, until it`s safe to return to the surface and start work on rebuilding human society and the plant as a whole.[DOUBLEPOST=1444667335][/DOUBLEPOST]GG @riganthor on member of the month!

Reactions: riganthor

MW30983

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2014
YouTube
it missed the earth a few days ago btw and yeah it will come again and then it will be a danger to us. To all who say blast it you are not making the situation better, basically you just turned a focused bom into a fragment grenade.
By the time it's back i am pretty sure we will be more then ready to defend the planet from it

D

Deleted member 17740

Anyone want to invest in my bunker for the coming doomsday asteroid?[DOUBLEPOST=1445355504][/DOUBLEPOST]Neal just think machine relations and mind to hard-drive backups then we could live for throunds of years as machines but with the human mind!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Neal