Community Doing shout outs

Shout out video? good or bad idea?

• Total voters

EpicDiabeticGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
YouTube
Not sure if you're into league of legends, but I make comedic guides about champions.
here's my latest video:
if you enjoyed it, I would very much appreciate a shoutout, but don't give me a shoutout if you don't think my channel is worthy of one.

Cheers,
EpicDiabetic

Tropical_Gamer

Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Tripex_Mods
I think this is actually a really good idea i see a lot of other people doing shout outs to also help other people too but besides that keep up the great work and i would love a shout out if your doing them :)

Jon Deathsight

Freedom! Member
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
I think it is an awesome idea. Once I get a decent amount of subs I will be doing some shoutouts there are some pretty awesome people out there that get no credit :)

Jon Deathsight

Freedom! Member
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
It depends on how you're going to give people the shout out ^^ What do you have in mind?
I guess you do have a point. I just recently got a comment on my latest video with a guy wanting to give me a shoutout but I would have to follow his rules which were having to sub to him be active on his channel and liking his videos and also would have to sub to the people he gave shutouts to which to me was a little extreme having to sub to ppl you might not be interested in. it was basically another form of sub for sub spam type thing..

Shenmue

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2015
YouTube
ShenmueTv
You Could if ya wanted do a Weekly Spotlight video and Shout out a low end youtuber trying to grow once a week... That way your not over saturating it.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I guess you do have a point. I just recently got a comment on my latest video with a guy wanting to give me a shoutout but I would have to follow his rules which were having to sub to him be active on his channel and liking his videos and also would have to sub to the people he gave shutouts to which to me was a little extreme having to sub to ppl you might not be interested in. it was basically another form of sub for sub spam type thing..
Yeah, definitely avoid people that try to ask for subscribers in return. It's more of a ploy over anything. If you have no requirements, aside from filling out a form, you should be golden ^^

Reactions: Jon Deathsight

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
I get the same thing, creators asking you to subscribe and like and comment on every video just to qualify to go check out everybody and say that they sent you just to qualify all of these requirements for a shout-out should not kill you I like you know like let's take the big names they say you have to have at least 500 subscribers you know something like that not all these requirements where you're just begging for likes and comments just to better your own Revenue the whole point of a shout-out is to give another Creator the option and the ability to possibly grow more

Reactions: Jon Deathsight