does minecraft take skill? XD

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Minecraft takes skill to do the big and complex. Consider Redstone mechanics, you need to know how to manipulate the stuff to make it do what you want it to do. @Koala_Steamed made a Minecraft computer and made Redstone memory that holds the #1 search result for "1kb".

So yes, skill in the big and complex. None in the small and simple.

David Wilkins

Rising User
Jan 14, 2015
YouTube
Minecraft takes no skill what so ever all you do is place blocks in a square and call it a house. It does take some skill though to build a good house and have to think out where youll place everything

Reactions: HelixAFire

HelixAFire

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 16, 2016
YouTube
Minecraft takes skill to do the big and complex. Consider Redstone mechanics, you need to know how to manipulate the stuff to make it do what you want it to do. @Koala_Steamed made a Minecraft computer and made Redstone memory that holds the #1 search result for "1kb".

i agree on you on that, i always have problems with redstone machinery x.x

HelixAFire

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 16, 2016
YouTube
Minecraft takes no skill what so ever all you do is place blocks in a square and call it a house. It does take some skill though to build a good house and have to think out where youll place everything

i agree with you on building, takes time and thinking to make a nice house

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I think the crafting table thing is kinda dumb... I tried playing it and had to look up the proper sequence of materials to make stuff...

Now I understand why I see kids carrying that guide book around... probably has all the recipes.

So what do you do after you build a house? I never really got past that point... I just kinda made a cave I could close up and live in

HelixAFire

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 16, 2016
YouTube
I think the crafting table thing is kinda dumb... I tried playing it and had to look up the proper sequence of materials to make stuff...

Now I understand why I see kids carrying that guide book around... probably has all the recipes.

So what do you do after you build a house? I never really got past that point... I just kinda made a cave I could close up and live in

well the point is to play with friends or play by yourself, once you build you house you just find many types of ores or play on servers with fun mini games.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I figured how to mod my game into dogcraft but I don't know how to do anything with it... lol
Aparently my daughter doesn't really know either because she watched videos of an already built world.
She doesn't know the basics of crafting and building yet.
Plus the creepers and stuff freak her out too much that she doesn't like playing it... lol

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
I didn't play minecraft so far but I heard it is popular with younger audience. So if they can do it, I guess you just need a time and a good will. :)

Sgt.Twinkle toes

Rising User
Dec 30, 2015
YouTube
In my opinion I think that it takes understanding for example creepers, when you get near them they blow up but most people go near them and then run away to avoid the explosion. And by building a house would you build a house near lava (wooden house) no because by physics it would catch fire and burn down. In conclusion it take a bit of skill but mostly I don't think you don't need that much skill.

Thanks for reading :3

Print USMC

Freedom! Member
to have fun on the game takes no skill

to make some redstone things happen does take skill or the know how to research someone elses youtube tutorial

to have enjoyment playing with others takes no skill

need a server to play on pc with. let me know..