Do you write a script for your videos?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Depends on the kind of video or what I intend to do.

When I do script, I can't do it word-for-word, so I write down basic ideas and elaborate on those based on my knowledge of the subject.
Even when I tried writing a full script, back when I first started scripting, I never followed the script and did just as I do now.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Depends on the kind of video or what I intend to do.

When I do script, I can't do it word-for-word, so I write down basic ideas and elaborate on those based on my knowledge of the subject.
Even when I tried writing a full script, back when I first started scripting, I never followed the script and did just as I do now.
I tend to improv or add a couple of words myself. Scripts are better if I can just memorize them beforehand, or I overly practice. Spur of the moment reading can be hard for me if I just do it a single take.

U

User.123120

last time write a script was when i was making halo machinima ahaha :)

U

User.123120

They can work out really well when done correctly ^^

I've always throught about doing a little skit properly and seeing how it would turn out, i mean i used to do some good Machinima back in the day aha :D

ThisIsIsaac

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
If you are doing a challenge video or a gaming video, do not write skits. It is basically being fake on youtube. you can make an acception if it is a skit/sketch because you are just acting anyway. Personally I write scripts, but only for skits.:)

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
If you are doing a challenge video or a gaming video, do not write skits. It is basically being fake on youtube. you can make an acception if it is a skit/sketch because you are just acting anyway. Personally I write scripts, but only for skits.:)
Oh hello there brother :)

TranXify

Rising User
Jan 29, 2016
YouTube
Personally, I usually just write bullet points about what I want to mention in my video. I really rarely write out an exact script to follow. I would only do that if my video is formal or informing about news.

Reactions: This Is Ethan

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Personally, I usually just write bullet points about what I want to mention in my video. I really rarely write out an exact script to follow. I would only do that if my video is formal or informing about news.
Yeah same! But in my most recent channel trailer I had a script haha.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It depends on the person, it can be hard to tell who is "fake" when they have a naturally bubbly personality, heh.
Although I don't speak I still sometimes make a "script" of what I will be doing in the video and the order to do it in.
That's a wise way of not missing anything. I have a few criteria that I miss because I neglected to write it down beforehand.