Do you guys think gamers have a faster chance in gaining subcribers then any other channels?

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
In exploring the youtube world, I realized alot of gamers has a decent amount of subscribers and it made me wonder why? Why do you guys think?

Reactions: Brent Cone

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
I think it all depends and how lucky you are.. Are bringing anything new to the table and did any video of yours go viral? It's so hard to tell and keep in mind that pretty much everything these days can find an auddience! :) It can be a big success and it can go straight to the toilet lol! xD But you get the idea! :)

Reactions: Kovuix

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Well the growth potential is certainly the highest I would think. But reaching that potential is another story and very difficult for many people.

Reactions: Kovuix

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
The gaming community is huge compared to others. The chance of huge growth is slim but it is possible if you got da spunk.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you were to isolate "game" as a search term on YouTube and limit to channels, you would generate more than 3.5Million results, "vlog" produces 3.9Million channel results, and I would add "review" but it spans multiple genres.

It does not matter which genre you partake in, you are not in for an easy ride.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
If your content isn't good enough to compete with the rest then it is quite hard to gain views and subs.
I'd like to add to this, Even if it is good, that doesn't mean that the masses will see it, I've seen super good channels that don't get the recognition they deserve!
I'd say that all of youtube is super saturated, and if you're trying something new to you... chances are that someone else has had a channel a bit longer than you and has had time to perfect it. So my advice?

Don't make it a job, do it because you love it and you will thrive no matter what you choose to do. If you make it about money. You're going to get discouraged more than anything else which kills alot of smaller channels. Pffft just a year ago i had 30 subs, I just hit 300 today, so I'm stoked! And its because i dropped the "i want to make that youtube money" thought process, and make videos because its fun!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I'd like to add to this, Even if it is good, that doesn't mean that the masses will see it, I've seen super good channels that don't get the recognition they deserve!
I'd say that all of youtube is super saturated, and if you're trying something new to you... chances are that someone else has had a channel a bit longer than you and has had time to perfect it. So my advice?

Don't make it a job, do it because you love it and you will thrive no matter what you choose to do. If you make it about money. You're going to get discouraged more than anything else which kills alot of smaller channels. Pffft just a year ago i had 30 subs, I just hit 300 today, so I'm stoked! And its because i dropped the "i want to make that youtube money" thought process, and make videos because its fun!
I totally agree with this! I started youtube as a hobby. I enjoy gaming and one day had this idea to share those moments with others. I don't care about the money i have a fulltime job. The interaction with others, the fact people like to watch your content is what i enjoy and trough that i have met alot of people i game with nowadays.

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

Bannik13

Rising User
Dec 3, 2015
YouTube
I think it is the most difficult as there is soooooo much competition that you can basically go by unnoticed. So no, definitely not.

Alienskii

Respected User
Mar 19, 2015
YouTube
Its become A LOT harder for small gamer youtuber's like us to actually become something on youtube because there is already a bunch of big youtuber's who do similar stuff to us. My theory is that I feel that big youtubers will monopolize youtube with there content and it will eventually be impossible to start a channel and actually make something out of it.

I remember back in 2011 when gaming was becoming big and all the small youtubers markiplier, jacksepticeye and even pewdiepie with like 10,000 subs were growing quickly because they didn't have much competition. Now, in 2015 (nearly 2016) a small youtuber will pretty much will stay small unless you make a video that becomes viral or something like that.

This goes or Vlogs too, but tbh I think there easier videos to get noticed.

lightningforce

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
lightningforce9
I,d say it's difficult certainly. Ive seen slow but steady increase since I started doing this properly. However I've seen through the forums people who started relatively later than me grow quicker in a smaller space of time. The reason for this is that they are not gaming channels. I think it's a patience game.