Solved Do i have to get 10,000 views before i become a Freedom partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEKUTER

Rising User
Jun 23, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
Im not sure if i understand right. Staff support from freedom told me once im eligible for monetization on youtube I will be approved. However Youtube needs a channel to get 10,000 views before being eligible for monetization.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hello,

Due to YouTube's 10,000 view policy, you cannot become a Freedom! Partner until you obtain 10,000 views.
Freedom! only works if the user, who has been partnered, has access to monetisation and actively monetize their videos.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: XEKUTER
Upvote 0

XEKUTER

Rising User
Jun 23, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
im just curious i saw someone here today with 8 subs and they have the purple freedom partner banner. How is that even possible to get 10k views with only 8 subs?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
im just curious i saw someone here today with 8 subs and they have the purple freedom partner banner. How is that even possible to get 10k views with only 8 subs?
Its possible that their video(s) were very popular, your forgetting views don't always equate to subscribers, and you don't need to subscribe to a channel to frequently watch their content.

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Please also be aware that original Freedom! Partners will not be removed due to this, unless they unlink themselves, which then they would have to wait for the 10,000 views before rejoining.

Upvote 0

XEKUTER

Rising User
Jun 23, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
not sure what that means. Am i a freedom partner or not. or you just saying if i want to leave i cannot rejoin until i get 10k views. but I am not a partner because i need to get 10k views which i havent yet so what am I now? a free agent right?[DOUBLEPOST=1498253271][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry if i seem disrespectful. Im just new to all this kind of stuff. Please help me understand. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
not sure what that means. Am i a freedom partner or not. or you just saying if i want to leave i cannot rejoin until i get 10k views. but I am not a partner because i need to get 10k views which i havent yet so what am I now? a free agent right?

I was stating something from your previous comment, talking about other people being partners at low subs and views.

About being a partner, if in your youtube.com/features page, it doesn't say;
'Freedom! can access your account and manages your payments'
Then you are not a partner.

If you are not, you would have to wait until you are at 10,000 views before you could join Freedom!, if you wanted to.
However if you are already a partner, you won't earn money from monetisation until you have 10,000 views, however you shouldn't be removed because of this.

Upvote 0

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
You can become as a partner of Freedom even without having 10k total channel views, that is only if you have had monetization enabled before the new YouTube policy has set in, was just recently repartnered due to the settings and the options I had available, they reviewed my channel, and, they told me that I'm available to join, I just need to talk to a person about it, which i did.

"Thank you for your interest in partnering your channel, iGetable, with Freedom!

Great news! Your channel has passed our review. Please head to your Freedom Dashboard to chat with an agent and join the family. We look forward to helping you succeed. #Freedomfamily #nevergiveup"

Upvote 0

XEKUTER

Rising User
Jun 23, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
Thanks for all the clarifications guys. Youre an awesome group of fellas. keep it up.[DOUBLEPOST=1498278040][/DOUBLEPOST]OK so I had a previous channel thats totally not related to gaming. Do you think i can log in with that gmail account and just recreate my XEKUTER channel as brand channel and just delete the one I started two days ago with 10 subs now? Also will Freedom be in charge of only the new XEKUTER channel or also the main channel which the new XEKUTER will fall under?[DOUBLEPOST=1498283017][/DOUBLEPOST]ok just a quick update heres what i tried and it didnt work.

1. transferred ownership of my XEKUTER channel with 10 subs to my gmail account which runs my non gaming channel
2. tried to monetize XEKUTER since my other non gaming channel was monetized i thought youtube would bypass the 10k views.
3. I was wrong. lol . i wasted about an hour only to find out youtube treats each channel separate unlike an adsense account which you can only have one that is responsible for many channels.
4. so im back to where i started. I will just upload many videos and see how long to wait before i get monetized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I would have figured that wouldn't worked, since the new youtube policy has been in an effect for some time now, also, my monetization was enabled before the whole thing was news and was updated as the policy, this is the reason why I was accepted in the first place.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.