Do any of you believe in an afterlife?

Daniel and Essence

Rising User
Oct 10, 2015
gulfport
YouTube
I believe that there is an aftelife because I am a Christian and I believe there is either Heaven or Hell.

ALL other people are welcome to voice your opinion! There is no negativity on here <3 I want to hear what anyone has to say!! download (2).jpg

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
No I don't believe in none of that stuff...

My only chance of experiencing heaven is to create it here on earth.

Even if I was created in the likeness of a god, that means we are ourselves deities and should act accordingly.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I don't believe in the afterlife simply because it's unscientific and there isn't any reason to believe one exists. It also hardly makes any sense to me anyway. If it was true and such a great thing, you would expect death to be celebrated. I think the reason we don't celebrate death is because we instinctively know it's not a good thing.

The way our bodies function, our consciousness, how we feel, our personality .. it's all controlled by our brain. Once that stops working, logically speaking it would be like you never existed. The only existence that is left of you, is the body, the memories others have, and the things you left on earth.

I feel if we want an afterlife, this is it. We have to make it ourselves.

Daniel and Essence

Rising User
Oct 10, 2015
gulfport
YouTube
I don't believe in the afterlife simply because it's unscientific and there isn't any reason to believe one exists. It also hardly makes any sense to me anyway. If it was true and such a great thing, you would expect death to be celebrated. I think the reason we don't celebrate death is because we instinctively know it's not a good thing.

The way our bodies function, our consciousness, how we feel, our personality .. it's all controlled by our brain. Once that stops working, logically speaking it would be like you never existed. The only existence that is left of you, is the body, the memories others have, and the things you left on earth.

I feel if we want an afterlife, this is it. We have to make it ourselves.
Thank you for your response :) !

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
The closest thing we will ever get to an "afterlife" is known as the Singularity. Such a point where we are able to upload ourselves to a kind of cloud to hence become immortal.

Not really known as the singularity. The technological singularity has more to do with AI and the events that will occur after it surpasses human intelligence.

Reactions: Daniel and Essence

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
When it has the capacity and capability to surpass that of humans, that is also the point that we can make ourselves [fully] into the implied machine.

Well we would have to, if we didn't ... things could end up bad. We as the creators of the AI have to always stay above them, and the only way to do so would be to integrate ourselves with them. It's the day I look forward too XD. I love technology.

Reactions: Daniel and Essence

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This is one of those things where i find it difficult to answer. I have experienced things in my life wich i can't describe wich make me believe there is.
My grandfather had a near death experience and told me about it wich was a story i will never forget.
My father's twin brother is not with us anymore but we have experienced things at home wich we can't describe and my father always said he can strongly feel his presence around wich makes me think about what more there is to life?

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I don't really believe in souls, so therefore, I don't necessarily believe in an afterlife. If souls are real, then I believe in reincarnation. I have read too much about psychology and multiple religions/belief systems to believe in good and evil when it pertains to humans, which means I can't really believe in heaven or hell. Of course, this is just my personal beliefs and I know eveyone else has had different experiences that may prove to them otherwise. :)