Different content

officialsirwolf

New User
Aug 5, 2017
Portugal
YouTube
Hello. I am currently a portuguese youtuber that does gamng funny moments. But i want that to change.
I want to be a retro reviewer youtube. (like talk about super mario 64).
Should I create a new channel? or stick with 188 subs? I mean its not much but it still counts. Also is retro gaming a reliable youtube source? Thanks!

Reactions: Eldridge Coutinho

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I don't know abt this to be honest...is there a decent demand for retro gaming
I have a similar dilemma with my content which i might make a post about in the future

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would say give it a go with your current channel, and see what happens. If you get loads of views then consider doing more if not you could always then start a new channel and just focus on retro games for that one

Reactions: RyanSellers

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Most people change their channel a lot of times in the first year or two. After my recent year break, I've come back, wiped the channel and started fresh. Better to keep your subs and have some of them enjoy your new stuff than start off with none right?

Gamie

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
I would suggest you upload the review videos in your main channel with 181 subs and at the meantime analyse ur youtube analytics and see whether people are liking it or not, if they do then bang u hit the right spot and u can continue after that if they don't then u wanna think about creating a separate channel for that.I'm telling this because those are also game and people might have a liking for classic retro games.
Hope that helps :)

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Most people change their channel a lot of times in the first year or two. After my recent year break, I've come back, wiped the channel and started fresh. Better to keep your subs and have some of them enjoy your new stuff than start off with none right?
thats good advice...thinking of doing something like that with my channel too...not enjoying the fifa stuff anymore plus the views are terrible

Reactions: GLP Matty

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
thats good advice...thinking of doing something like that with my channel too...not enjoying the fifa stuff anymore plus the views are terrible

I think it's important that you enjoy what you're doing too. I went from going from 2000 views a video discussing writing techniques to 200 views a video in order to do what I wanted but it was worth it to do fun and interesting content

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello. I am currently a portuguese youtuber that does gamng funny moments. But i want that to change.
I want to be a retro reviewer youtube. (like talk about super mario 64).
Should I create a new channel? or stick with 188 subs? I mean its not much but it still counts. Also is retro gaming a reliable youtube source? Thanks!
Since your channel is already about Gaming i would stick with it. Retro always has and will be popular to talk about so it sure is worth to try :)