Did the 10,000 view count requirement for networks kill allot of smaller youtubers?

JarsphoneUltimate

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
JarsphoneU
So this has been stuck in my head fora little while and I want to see if others think its correct or if it's far fetched...

Did the 10,000 view requirement kill allot of new youtubers?

Like I can't join freedom's network until I reach 10,000, kinda a long ways away but I can wait, though maybe it killed allot of newer youtubers because they wanted to join a network for things like music and support but are kinda unable to and got discouraged enough to leave... what do you guys think?

I mean if it did that would kinda suck because there are new youtubers with unique content from time to time, but maybe it didn't because they wouldn't know what an MCN is... I'm not sure

Kyrie

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2017
YouTube
I joined Freedom with less 10K views. But yeah, its dissapointing me, still I'm not going to give up.

Послато са ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X уз помоћ Тапатока

Reactions: JarsphoneUltimate

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Nah....

If those new YouTubers aren't giving in an effort, they won't achieve the goal. However, nehteless to say, they did make it more grindy.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I don't think it killed new content creators, instead it may of helped them work towards something and really help them evaluate what they want. What I mean is that if they aren't going to work to put in the effort, and try and grow in order to get something they want (I.e a partnership) then maybe they didn't want it hard enough in the first place

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Personally I don't think it killed new content creators, instead it may of helped them work towards something and really help them evaluate what they want. What I mean is that if they aren't going to work to put in the effort, and try and grow in order to get something they want (I.e a partnership) then maybe they didn't want it hard enough in the first place

nailed it! plus it gets rid of some of the sub for sub spammers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Yeah both of you have really good points on that, it may have also helped get rid of people who were just in youtube for money
yeah....the only reason I want money from youtube is the fact that I would get to wake up everyday and do what I love for a living...even if its the bare minimum or not as much as the other jobs pay

JarsphoneUltimate

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
JarsphoneU
yeah....the only reason I want money from youtube is the fact that I would get to wake up everyday and do what I love for a living...even if its the bare minimum or not as much as the other jobs pay

Yeah, the only reason why I would want money is so I could get myself a better device and equipment for my youtube videos so my viewers can enjoy higher-quality videos, I'm far from that point but its a future goal

Reactions: Eldridge Coutinho

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
Well, it could make people put that much more effort into that channel. Just instead of something slap-dashed together. Why not have some effort to social network and work on what makes your stuff work first?

Zach Stearns

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 26, 2017
YouTube
I feel lucky that my main channel had over 10,000 views when the change hit. My second channel is now dead though.
I feel like you should be able to have ads enabled if you have a related channel with over 10,000 views.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So this has been stuck in my head fora little while and I want to see if others think its correct or if it's far fetched...

Did the 10,000 view requirement kill allot of new youtubers?

Like I can't join freedom's network until I reach 10,000, kinda a long ways away but I can wait, though maybe it killed allot of newer youtubers because they wanted to join a network for things like music and support but are kinda unable to and got discouraged enough to leave... what do you guys think?

I mean if it did that would kinda suck because there are new youtubers with unique content from time to time, but maybe it didn't because they wouldn't know what an MCN is... I'm not sure
I think that at first it may demotivatie people but this is the time where those who really want something push trough. YouTube has its reasons for this change and 10K views might seem much but by staying motivated and dedicated to your dream you will surely accomplish it :)