YouTube Demoralization

PhoenixGC

New User
Jun 21, 2017
YouTube
ThePhoenixGC
So here's a position that I'm sure a lot of you have been in. You've just hit your first milestone, 100 subs. The Triple Digits! You're super excited and you are ready for the next milestone. You make a couple more videos with all that excitement, and then it happens. In your "Recommended videos" you see your favorite YouTuber. He's hanging out with all his pals that he worked with to get where he's at, and you remember being there during a lot of their hardships and struggles. Then you think to yourself. "Their at 13 million and here I am with 100. I want to be like you but I don't know how. What if it's not possible? What if the reason you got so big is because you grew WITH YouTube, unlike the me who grows in your shadow."

I'm sure this is somewhere we've all been, whether it's for a couple seconds or a month, or even longer. I'm sitting here with 100 and I just got it too. I was super excited when I hit it, but I did it because I do live streams and that's where i get my subs. Thing is, I dont think they watch what I really want to do which is my horror let's plays. I don't like to live stream that often because my processor cant take it. I can livestream only certain games but my goal is to be an indie horror game commenter (which probably isn't a word, but whatever...). I also work full-time so I cant put 100% of myself into my channel which is really what I want to do. I love gaming, but more importantly, I love being a content creator. I love editing videos, thumbnails, and interacting with my own community.

So I guess what the best thing to ask here at the end is this. What is your story? Did you ever have this feeling, and if so, how did you overcome it?